Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Never...

I shook my head in disbelief. I can't do this; I thought to myself and covered my head with a pillow. I I hate this, I hate feeling powerless. I threw the pillow away and rubbed my eyes. Please, let this be just a dream.

Unknown number: Why so sad, my love? Smile

Is that a command? My blood started boiling. No one will tell me what to do, especially him! "Fvck you," I murmured under my breath and threw my phone away. Breathe in, and out. In and- My heart skipped a beat when I heard it.

Door slam.

I jumped out of my bed, reached under it and grabbed a baseball bat. I slowly tiptoed to my door and listened. But the only thing I heard was my heavy breathing. I held my breath and then I heard it. Footsteps. The floor creaked under his weight as he was nearing my door. Seconds ticked by and I knew that he was close. Suddenly, all noise stopped. I took a few steps back and held the bat tighter, ready to swing at any moment.

The door flew open and there he was.

My brother!

The bat dropped to the floor when I jumped into his arms. "Hey sis," he laughed and ruffled my hair. "I haven't seen you so long!" I whined and hugged him tighter. "Oh come on, it's been like... Wait. Seven months?!" he exclaimed in a high pitched voice and I laughed at him. "Nice, you can count. At least they taught you something in L.A." I joked and pulled away from him

He sighed happily, "You're still the same," he said and then shook his head. "By the way, why did you hold that bat?" he asked amused. "I'm glad you're having fun. I thought you are that stal- thief! Yeah, a thief. There was a thief in the neighborhood, they said it in the-" I stopped. Why? Greg stuffed my mouth with his sock!

"Ew! Greg!" I shrieked, when I spat it out. He just laughed and walked away.

XXX

Unknown number: Good morning, Chloe.

Unknown number: Chloe

Unknown number: Chloe!

Me: What?!

Unknown number: Good morning

Me: Grrr!

Unknown number: You know Chloe, its polite to answer when someone wishes you good morning

Me: Well then, good fvcking morning!

Unknown number: Chloe!

Me: What?

Unknown number: Watch your mouth!

Me: Fvck you

Unknown number: Oh Chloe, you don't want me to hurt Greg now, do you?

Me: Don't you dare touch him!

Unknown number: And what are you going to do about it, huh? Nothing! I can kill him without a trace. I can make it look like he wasn't even born and you can't do anything about it. So, Chloe...

Me: Good morning

Unknown number: Good girl