Chapter 5

Chapter 5

 Me: Please don't do anything...

Herbert the Pervert: Too bad. Look out of your window.

My heartbeat rapidly increased. I looked out of the window, while nervously nibbling on my lip. He stood there, with a black hood covering his face, staring on his phone. He looked up a few seconds later and I covered my mouth to muffle my scream. He had a terrifying mask. Even from the distance I could clearly see the wickedness in his ice blue eyes.

I looked away and slid down the wall, clutching my phone to my chest. My breathing was uneven. My phone buzzed.

Herbert the Pervert: Time to play Hide N Seek.

I looked out of the window, trying to find him. I realized what was going on when I heard someone close the front door. I ran to my door and locked them, twice.

Herbert the Pervert: Ah, Greg isn't here? What a pity, it could've been more fun.

Tears blurred my vision as I frantically dialed 911. My hope died as quickly as my phone did. I heard a deep, vicious laugh coming from behind the door.

"Oh darling, no one will help you," he chuckled darkly.

I didn't bother to wipe off my tears; I just let them fall and curled up in the corner of my room like a scared kitten. I didn't look up when I heard him unlock the door, not even when he stepped in. My body shook as I prayed for mercy.

His heavy footsteps stopped in front of me. "Look at me," he said. It was a command that held so much authority, that I looked up without thinking it through. He hovered over me, shoulders squared, but when he saw my teary eyes, his posture relaxed and his eyes softened.

"Mio amore, I didn't mean to make you cry," he whispered. I was flabbergasted, is this even the same man? His voice was soft, like he was talking to a baby.

He kneeled beside me then pulled me onto his lap. I didn't dare to protest and just laid my head on his chest. He rocked back and forth whispering sweet nothings to me and I closed my eyes. Feeling emotionally drained, I fell asleep.

In the arms of a psychopath.