Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

What the heck?

Great, he is really driving me crazy. I shook my head and closed my eyes, trying to get rid of thoughts about him. I tossed and turned for a while, until I gave up and grabbed my phone. As I scrolled through our conversation I decided to finally change his name, since it bothered him so much. He texted me few seconds later.

Damien: Glad you changed the name, Chloe

Me: What do you want?

Damien: I want to apologize, Chloe. I'm sorry, please forgive me

Me: How? You tried to kill me!

Damien: I'd never hurt you!

Me: That's hard to believe

Damien: Chloe, please trust me

Me: I can't Damien

Damien: Chloe, please

Seen.

Damien: Chloe

Seen.

Damien: I'm sorry

Seen.

I locked my phone and hid it under my pillow. It kept buzzing, every three seconds. I sighed and tugged at my hair. And... it stopped. I snuggled into my sheets happily and closed my eyes again. Right when I started drifting off to sleep, I heard a knock on my window. My heart dropped and my breath quickened, just like my heartbeat. I sat up slowly and turned in the direction of the knock.

Damien.

I wanted to get off my bed and ran to Greg, but he did something that made me stop. He pulled out a paper from his pocket and showed it to me. It said: Open the window please. I promise I will not hurt you. It eased my nerves a bit. Even though I shouldn't trust him, I reached out to the window and opened it. I took a few steps back, just in case he tried something funny.

He gracefully jumped in, right next to my bed. He was dressed in black and with that terrifying mask. He was tall, at least a foot taller than me. Few strands of black hair were peeking out of his hood. His shoulders were broad.

I flicked my gaze to his eyes. He was smiling. It wasn't visible through the mask, but I could see the amusement in his eyes. I cleared my throat.

"Why are you here?" I asked quietly.

"I want to prove to you, that I would never hurt you," he said. His voice was soft, but deep and husky. That kind, that makes you shiver. There wasn't any sign of amusement in his eyes, not anymore. They held seriousness and guilt. I nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Chloe, I..." he reached out to me but I flinched. The black-haired boy looked at me and withdrew his hand. He looked pained. "You're afraid of me," he stated. He hung his head down, thinking. I watched him carefully. He looked up, took of his hood and the mask. I gasped.

He was much more handsome than I ever imagined. He had sharp, chiseled features, pink, plump lips... He looked like a model, like someone carved him to perfection. I couldn't look away, he was mesmerizing. How could someone so beautiful, be so obsessed with plain, old me?

I took a few, cautious steps towards him, he didn't move an inch. He stood there, hands by his sides and his eyes on me. I reached out absent-mindedly and caressed his cheek. He leaned in to my touch and his eyes fluttered shut in delight. I smiled, he looked absolutely innocent. He couldn't be the man that threatened me.

"Why did you threaten me?" I asked calmly. Somewhere deep inside me, I knew that he wouldn't hurt me. The happiness from his face was gone as he took my hand in his. "I'm not responsible for what I did, Chloe..." he whispered. The way he said my name made my heart flutter. He said it so... lovingly.

"I truly don't know what's wrong with me," he shook his head, "guess I'm just f*cked up," he murmured, taking my hand and kissing the back of it. All while staring deeply in my eyes. At that point, I didn't even know where I was or who I was.