One Last Imagine~Stars

When your best friend dies, your whole world turns dark. When your your love dies, well, that it something of a different entirety.

3rd person POV

Dark circles covered the part underneath his forest green eyes that were freckled with grey spots. His skin was a sickly white color. The paleness of his skin was caused from the lack of nutrients and vitamin D.

Red brown strands of hair fell onto his face as the rest was not-so-neatly combed back. A ghost of a smile fell onto his face as his older brother made a furtile attempt to make him laugh.

Genuine happiness was a feeling long forgotten by Ponyboy. The only person who could make him laugh again was Johnny... but Johnny, Johnny was dead.

Flashback
Two boys laid down on the cool, wet grass setting their eyesight on the stars above. Ponyboy turned his body to look over at the boy laying beside him. He admired every feature about Johnny: his dark brown orbs that held a peaceful gleam to them for once; his soft tinted pink lips; the way his shaggy raven black hair gently blew in the summer breeze. Everything about Johnny captivated Ponyboy.

The moonlight that casted down on the two seemed to enhance the atmosphere with a magical vibe. Ponboy caressed the other boys cheek and moved a strand of hair away from Johnny's eyes. Ponyboy smiled sadly at him while asking, "Why do you cover your eyes like that, Johnnycakes?"

"I dunno. It helps hides the world... I don't like seeing all that badness," Johnny replied still gazing at the stars above.

"But, Johnny, you know, I actually really do love looking at your eyes," Ponyboy started, "They remind me of the stars above. They shine with hope even when the world around you is collapsing."

The tips of Ponyboy's ears turned a bright red color as a light pink color appeared on Johnny's cheeks.

Johnny turned to look at Ponboy before asking, "You really mean that, Ponyboy?"

Ponyboy mustered enough courage to continue on, "'Course I do, Johnny. In fact, I love everything about you." He sat up and placed a light his kiss on Johnny's cheek. "I love the way your scar marks your skin telling a story. And how...,"

His words were cut off by Johnny crashing his soft lips onto Ponyboy's. "Thank you Ponyboy for telling me that," he muttered while turning an even brighter shade of pink.

"Heck, I also love the way you kiss, Johnny Cade," Ponyboy let out a brief chuckle before kissing the boy once more.

For the first time in a while, both boys felt true happiness and peace. They had eachother and that's all they needed to get through that rough life of theirs. They exchanged their 'I loves you' before falling asleep underneath the stars... who would have thought this would be the last time they would be at peace?

End of flashback

Ponyboy chocked a bit as the memory came to mind. He ignored Sodapop and continued down the road. Life wasn't worth living if he didn't have that one person by his side, Johnny. Maybe Johnny was enjoying the afterlife, free from the hardships of this world. Ponyboy fancied a ljfe free of hardships as well. Ponyboy was so consumed with his thought of Johnny Cade that he didn't even notice the incoming car... or maybe he did but he just didn't care anymore. Not like we can ask him, because like Johnny Cade and Dallas Winston, he was dead.

Ponyboy could once more go star gazing with the boy he loved.