XVII

All the suitors are relaxing in the suitor room

All the suitors are relaxing in the suitor room. Well, everyone but Griffin. Who is playing a board game with Tyler. Who is currently winning by a landslide. 

" You cheated! You moved one extra space," Griffin freaks out  

" Maybe you just don't know how to count," Tyler says while reading a book. Yes, Tyler is reading and playing a board game at the same time. I'm currently in the middle of writing back to May. It has taken me days because she has asked me so many questions in her last letter.

I heard the door open and Silva comes walking with papers in her hands. " Letters," Right when she uttered those words. Harper hops out of his sets as fast as humanly possible. I glance at the envelope. It says his name but in a pink glitter pen. I have one from Dad. Griffin pushes me aside to get his.

" What?!" I hear Harper freak out.

" What's wrong?" I ask

" It's my little sister. Some guy asked her to be his girlfriend. She's seven! If I was there..." He trails off and his hands go into fists. His little sister boyfriends better run.

I finally open the letter to see my Dad's handwriting.

Dear Max,

First, I can't explain how proud we are of you. You have grown up to be a wonderful young man who I am very proud of. I miss having you around the house. I miss seeing you taking photos of the family. But from what I've seen on the report you look happy. And as I father I couldn't want more for you. I want that for all my children. Is for them to be happy. Since being in the selection May was able to buy some new paints. Her recent work has been selling pretty well. We got new strings for the piano. Which mother was very happy about. She has been playing the piano non-stop. Overall, the family is good. How are you? How is the selection going? 

Sincerely,

You Father

I find myself smiling the whole time I'm reading his letter. Now, it hits me how much I miss my Dad. Seeing him every morning sipping his cup of coffee before I leave. And hearing him yell as I walk out the door, " Have a good day," Or seeing him walk in from the garage paint all over his hands. With May following behind him running to the dinner table.

" Earth to Maxon," Griffin waves his hands in front of my face.

" What?" I say annoyed

" Ge'ez" Griffin begins juggling again.

I huff feeling guilty " Sorry, Griffin."

" It's cool. My sisters snap at me all the time." Griffin shrugs

" Sisters?" Harper raises an eyebrow

" Yes, I have three of them. The men in the family are very outnumbered by the women,"