(Closed) 80 K Giveaway! (Closed)

Because I owe it to you all.

(Plus, 80k rhymes with giveaway. It's kind of the way his silly head works)

I've probably said this before, but free time is precious. It's quite possibly the hardest, most beautiful thing we've won for ourselves. The opportunity to be able to take a few moments out of struggling to subsist, and try to let ourselves really enjoy a moment.

And respecting that, seeing anyone spend that time on my work is a weighty gift. Not quite Faramir taking a pair of hobbits to Gondor, but more than what some of the fellowship was given in Lothlorien.

(I'm looking at you, Gimli)

So I'm doing a two-part reader appreciation event.

Giveaway # 1

In about a month, I'm going to start writing a question and answer chapter. Basically, the characters are going to answer fan mail. It will take place on the deck of the Midnight Songbird, and messages of varying importance will be delivered by army courier.

The Fourth Wall will be taken down for this event. Characters may even speak directly to a question's author.

Characters from any story in The Tales of the Everburning City, currently both Burning Night, and The Dragon Chase, will be in attendance. Major and possibly minor characters.

Now, not every question is guaranteed an answer. Tabitha will be on-hand to turn any grossly inappropriate or spoiler-heavy question into hot ash. Duplicate questions will be credited to the first person who asks.

Questions should be delivered as comments in this chapter, so that the couriers know to deliver them to the cast.

Please ask your questions as in-line comments on this paragraph. It will help keep things in order.

Giveaway # 2

This part of our giveaway will affect the next Tale of the Everburning City, the soon to begin 'Bitter Cold Truth'. Set a couple of years after The Dragon Chase, the story is a narrowly focused tale following an Inspector for the Orderlies on a case that no one could be prepared for.

This giveaway has four prizes:

1: An unsubtle shout-out to a story of your choice within the novel. (1 prize)

2: Create a character: you invent, to a point, a semi-major character to be in the novel. (1 prize)

3: Be a minor character: You, or a character of yours, makes an appearance in-universe. This will be a minor appearance, obviously. (2 prizes)

4: Name something: You can help name something in The Everburning City. Prizes include naming an airship, a building, a new piece of equipment, and a Bureau. (4 prizes altogether)

So, eight prizes altogether.

Here's how you can win one of them.

For prize #1, pm me a link to your story. Most interesting one I come across before Christmas gets this one.

For prize #2, the most interesting comment in Burning Night wins. Any comment that appears on my notification feed is admissible until Christmas.

For prize #3, The two best questions asked in giveaway #1 will win this.

And for prize #4, leave an in-line comment in this paragraph with the password 'burn me'. Winners will be chosen randomly.

Note: A few of you may be ineligible for the second giveaway. That will be because I decided you're too awesome to need to participate in order to be rewarded.

And finally,

Thank you all. Wattpad has been a surprising delight to be a part of, and that is entirely because of you.

Burn brightly, all of you.