Chapter 2

*Clay's pov*

I'd seen her around. I thought I was crazy but I'd seen her. Hannah. Only her hair was different. It was longer and straighter. She looked different too. But in a good way.

I knew I was going crazy because Hannah died a year ago so it couldn't have been her. But who else could it be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was riding home from the park when I saw her again, sitting on a bench not far from the shore.

Just go talk to her, idiot.

I knew I couldn't just go up to her. But I started to remember all the chances I'd had to just go talk to Hannah and blew it because I was too scared.

Don't make this be like Hannah. This a chance to start over, to give someone else a chance to know that someone cares.

After that thought, I walked up to the brunette.

"Hi."

She looked up and smiled.

"Hi."

"I'm Clay."

"Mackenzie."

"Can I sit with you?"

She nods her head and I sit next to her.

"So, Mackenzie, are you new around here?"

"Sort of. Someone I once knew lived here. She, uh, left last year."

"Is there a reason?"

"She hated it here."

"Someone I loved hated it here."

She just smiled again and I could see the sadness in it. Up close, I realized she looked exactly like Hannah.

"Clay!"

"What? Sorry. I, uh, I didn't catch that."

"Of course not. I asked if you wanted to hang out sometime?"

"Soon, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'd love to."

"Great. I gotta go. I've got this thing I have to do for my sister."

"Sister?"

"Yeah. And she's waiting. So I'll see you soon."

"Yeah."

"Bye, Clay."

"Bye, Mackenzie."

She left and I was still trying to figure out who she could be related to. But since I couldn't, I would just continue to see her as a mystery.

My mystery girl.