Chapter 3

(Song is for Mackenzie's pov. Yes I know it's break up song but go with it)

*Mackenzie's pov*

I went to where my sister was buried and sat down beside her grave.

"Why'd you leave me, Hannah?"

I knew there wouldn't be an answer but I had to ask. I wasn't just hurt. I was mad that these people made her think there wasn't another, mad at myself for not noticing how she felt. I could've stopped her. I could have saved her. But I didn't. She always wanted to talk about me, how school was going for me, if I had a boyfriend, if I was happy. Now I knew why. She wanted to see me happy before she died. But I needed her now, more than I ever had before and she wasn't here.

"You knew Hannah?"

I turned to see a blonde girl standing behind me.

"Yeah. I did."

"So did my brother Clay. He had this huge crush on her but he never told her."

"He should have."

"That's what I told him. I'm Logan."

"Mackenzie."

"Clay said he met a Mackenzie. Two days ago. By the shore."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He talked for an hour about how she looked like Hannah."

"There's a reason for that."

"Hannah never mentioned she had a sister."

"I didn't mean a sister. She could be a relative though. Like a cousin."

"Maybe. We should hang out sometime."

"Maybe soon. I've got some things I have to do first."

"How long will that take?"

"I don't know exactly."

"Well, here's my number. Text me if you ever want to meet up. You know, like if you can take a break and make a new friend."

"Ok. Sure. I gotta go. Bye, Logan."

"Bye, Mackenzie."

*Logan's pov*

Clay was right. She was a very mysterious girl. I always open to new friends but she wasn't just new. She was completely different.

I went home and noticed Clay in the kitchen.

"Where'd you go?"

"N-nowhere."

"Logan, don't lie to me. Where did you go?"

"Why does it matter?"

"You followed Mackenzie, didn't you?"

"Maybe."

"Why?"

"Don't be mad, loser. I gave her your number. If she wants to meet up with me, she'll text you."

"That's not what I wanted."

"Then what did you want?! She's not Hannah, Clay!"

"That's exactly the point! She's not Hannah!"

Clay was seriously not over his crush on Hannah? All he's talked about for the last 2 days is Mackenzie. He likes her. I know he does. I just have to make him realize that.

Before she fell for someone else.