Chapter 5

*Mackenzie's pov*

"Kenzie, is that you?"

"Yes, mom."

"Where were you?"

"Just walking around. Sorry I'm late."

"It's ok. But dinner's ready so go get cleaned up."

I went upstairs and washed the dirt off my hands and face. I'd been coming home from Hannah's grave when I'd run into Logan. You'd think I'd dug up my dead sister. But I'd actually been planting flowers. My mom didn't know but when she went to see her tomorrow, she'd be surprised for sure

"Mackenzie, come dowmstairs!"

"Coming, mom!"

I went back dowmstairs to the kitchen.

"What's for dinner?"

"Your favorite."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Dad finally came in and sat down after taking his jacket off. Mom and I sat down too and we ate dinner.

I helped my mom clean up afterwards amd then went up to my room.

I took off my jeans and tshirt and put on shorts and a tank top.

It was late and I was ready to go to sleep.

Then I heard tapping on my window. I grabbed the closest thing to my hand and went over to open the window.

"Hey! Jeez, chill. It's just me!"

"Clay? What the hell? You scared me!"

"Sorry."

"It's ok. But how did I find out where I live?"

"The resemblance to Hannah. There was no way you weren't related to her."

"She was my older sister."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Look, can we talk tomorrow? It's late and I'm really tired."

"Yeah. Of course. I just wanted to give you something."

"What?"

Clay handed me a piece of paper and smiled.

"Don't read it until I'm gone."

"Ok."

Clay left and I infolded the piece of paper. It had a note on it and a number.

Mackenzie,
I'm so glad I met you at the shore last week. But the number Logan gave you wasn't hers. It was mine. But here's both of our numbers. Call me soon?
***-***-****
***-***-****
Hopefully I can take you out sometime, like on a date?
-Clay

I smiled at Clay's attempt at a love note and put it on my dresser. I'd call him tomorrow.

I went to bed, wondering what tomorrow would hold for me.

Just because I wanted revenge for my sister's death didn't mean I couldn't have a little fun, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a picture of our beloved Clay Jensen because it works with the chapter

Here's a picture of our beloved Clay Jensen because it works with the chapter. And yes, both Alex and Clay like Mackenzie. I don't know if you've figured that out by now. If you haven't, that's ok. But if you have, that's awesome. Anyway, just a little update since I haven't updated since Monday and it's now Thursday.