I Dreamed A Dream...And It Confused Me

**A/N: This is my first Destiel Fanfiction, and I hope you all enjoy it. Reviews are greatly appreciated! :) I ended up changing the title from "Your Guardian Angel" because I wanted readers to be able to find it easier. There were pages upon pages of stories with that title (mostly 1D stories) and I felt mine would get lost. Enjoy!**

            A tangle of limbs, pale white skin against tanned. Steam fogged the windows of the black ’67 Chevy Impala, obscuring the passion-locked figures within. The full moon hung high in the clear night sky, bathing the two in soft white light. He towered over his mystery lover on strong arms; sweat dripping from their bodies. The smell of sweat and spice permeated his nostrils and gave him an addictive head rush. His lips trailed over his lover’s throat and he smiled. “Don’t ever leave me,” He whispered softly. “I love you.”

            “Dean! Dean!” A man’s familiar voice echoed all around him, interrupting the intimate moment. He pulled his gaze from his lover to search out the source of the sound. “Dean, wake up!”

            Dean Winchester jolted upright in bed with a gasp, the dream already fading from the forefront of his mind. He closed his eyes as he tried to catch his breath, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair. His younger brother Sam raised an eyebrow questioningly at him from the bathroom doorway; a towel wrapped around his hips and another across his shoulders.

            “You okay there, Dean?” Sam asked.

            “Yeah, just another nightmare,” Dean replied, the lie slipping off his tongue like turpentine.

            “Are they nightmares about the apocalypse? I’ve had my share of those lately too.” Sam shrugged and let the topic drop. He knew Dean didn’t want to talk about it. He hated chick-flick moments more than vengeful spirits. “Well, the shower’s all yours Dean. We gotta hit the road soon,” Sam stated as he moved towards the other bed. “Bobby called and said he got a lead on the location of the Colt. But he says we gotta leave today if we want to catch the demon that has it.” Sam looked over and sighed. “Did you even hear what I said, Dean? We got a lead on the Colt.”

            Dean nodded his head and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. “Yeah, I heard you Sammy. Bobby got a lead on the Colt,” Dean remarked with a shrug. “Give me 10 minutes to shower and then we can head out.”

            “Sounds good,” Sam said with a smile.

            Dean threw off the blankets and climbed out of bed. Pieces of his dream flashed in and out of his mind as he made his way to the bathroom in the small motel in a Podunk town in Eastern Washington. He didn’t usually have dreams like that; where he couldn’t see the other person’s face. It was as if Dean couldn’t see the person’s true form. Almost like … an Angel. Dean scrubbed a hand over his jaw. “Great, I’m having sex dreams about Anna again,” Dean muttered to his reflection. Dean hadn’t seen or heard from Anna since she regained her grace and disappeared almost 5 months ago. He made a mental note to ask Castiel about Anna later. He leaned over into the tub and started the water, letting it warm up to the perfect temperature.

            Dean stripped out of his old, worn t-shirt and sweats and stepped into the shower, letting the warm water cascade over him. The water relaxed the knots from his tired muscles and Dean let out a long sigh of relief. Man, I forgot how good a shower can make me feel after a long night. Dean scrubbed the layer of sweat, dirt and blood from the last hunt from his skin.

            “I haven’t seen Anna since she disappeared,” A voice said suddenly. Dean jumped, almost slipping in the slick tub; his heart racing.