Harry

The twin's neighbourhood

Riley slowed the car down a bit away from the house. "What's going on?" Zoe asked, looking out the window on her side. "I'm not sure, there's police cars." Riley replied and got a look from her sister. "Even I can see that," she got her seat belt out of the way. "Let's go see."

The twins got out of the car and was greeted with their mother running towards them. "Where have you two been?! And you took out your dad's car again. How many time have I told you not to do that?" She scolded.

"We know how to drive and see we didn't get caught. We're fine." Riley insisted. "What's going on though? What's the police doing here?" Zoe asked again. Their mom looked at the crowd gathered near their neighbour's house.

"Michelle is no more." She answered her girls. "What?! The old man?!" Riley asked in disbelief and their mother nodded. "Let me guess... Another murder?" Zoe asked even though she knew the answer.

"You're right Zoe." The girls looked up to see Kevin making their way over to them. "Now may I ask where you two have been all night? And just what were you doing with the car? You both are a year young to drive." He asked.

"We do that every now and then. Driving out at night relaxes us. I know it's against the law but we've been doing this for a while now... we just go out whenever things get too much for us to think about." Zoe explained. "If you want you can ask the guy at the gas station. We passed him a few times." Riley added.

Kevin nodded. "Alright. I'll do that."

He went away from the twins and back to the crowd gathered there. They had gotten a call this morning from a hotel just out of town saying they found two dead bodies in one of their rooms. Kevin then felt a sweat prickle down his temple. He had a feeling he knew who it was. And he was sure he was going to hear a lot of stern words from his chief for not providing him with the protection needed.

When Kevin and his officers went to check out the place, a room service boy talked to them. Apparently he had been hit on the head when he was drinking in the hallways. And he woke up that morning with his clothes gone, and only a pair of pants lying there beside him. He didn't want it to effect his job so he kept quiet about it and went to take his trolley away.

But a little into the morning, another room service boy had found two dead bodies in one of the rooms.

As soon as Kevin stepped into the room he wanted to close his eyes. It was the twin's neighbour. The one he had talked to just yesterday. Upon further inspection the only thing Kevin could think was how sick this person must be to go as far as... this. Him and his officers had a hard time going through the place.

Both the victims were covered in knife slashes and stabs and their junk, both cut off. One was inside the other.

Kevin felt like throwing up.

They had looked at the CCTV camera recordings and found that the drunken room service boy was knocked out in the staircase itself. The person who took his place had a suite on that covered his head and torso and only left the face open which whenever was faced to the camera, was hidden.

The person was small. Small enough to be a girl but it was very possible it was a boy who was really thin and shorter than average. From the recordings of the dark hallways, they couldn't really tell.

From the recordings from the ground floor lobby, the only person who entered and exited were in a hoodie and we unidentifiable.

Both the bodies were now brought to the house. The people around had gathered and apparently there was going to be a funeral. Kevin couldn't get his head around that logic. These people hated Sam. Why were they simply accepting the fact that even this old man had been the same?