Bullet Wound

I knocked on the front door of the bigger than average house. Why would he need such a big house when he's living all by himself? He wasn't even married or got any family here...

When I got no response I rang the doorbell thrice and waited.

When I heard the door chain I got my knife out from inside my hoodie pocket and held it above my shoulder. He opened the door and saw me dressed in black, the hoodie covering part of my face but in the darkness of the night you wouldn't be able to see a thing.

Before I could do anything he shut the door. I didn't hear the door chain or a lock so I knew it wasn't locked. I heard a few things dropped as he probably tried to rush. I smirked and slowly opened the front door to see him at the telephone. I went over to it and grabbed the wire before the call could connect to anything. He dropped the phone and started rushing up the stairs. I got after him. He was faster though despite my taking two steps at a time. When I reached the top I saw him get into the room and close the door shut.

Was he stupid? He's just trapped there now.

Just as I reached the door and placed my hand on the doorknob I heard a gun. Mission complete. A smile was on my face as I opened the door and saw him on the floor on his front. There was a bullet wound on his right shoulder blade. I glanced at the window and saw a blur of black as whoever shot him jumped down the window. Well it was the first floor.

I got to him and realize he was still alive. Tucking my knife back into my pocket, I flipped him over with much struggle as he continued to groan in pain. I took the gun that was dropped beside him on the wooden floor and shot him where his heart would be. He looked at me with fear in his eyes. I let my hoodie fall and his eyes widened.

I smiled sweetly at him before going downstairs and plugged the telephone wire back in. Then I locked the front door and went back upstairs. His body now lay motionless as his widened soulless eyes stared at the bedroom door. I shook my head. He deserved it.

I then, like the one who shot him, jumped out the window and ran away from the house.