Entirely Your Fault

It was completely dark outside. By chance the street lamp in front of the house was also broken. It was that way for months. I stared at the body below me. She lay there on the snow, completely covered by it. Well, she was completely filled by it too.

I heard the snow scrunch from afar. My heart went up to my throat and I held my breath. We weren't alone. There was someone watching. And whoever it was, must know by now that the person lying on the snow was dead.

I stayed in my spot as I heard more footsteps and then leaves moving as if the person fell into the bushes. I looked towards where all the bushes were planted and saw them moving.

I reached for my knife that is always kept in my socks and cursed. I had left that in that bastard's shopping basket the other day. Well, fuck this. I looked at the body below me and shook my head.

"It's entirely your fault. If you didn't see what you did, you wouldn't be dead. And if you weren't dead, that poor guy's life wouldn't be in danger either," I spoke silently. I walked over to the bushes where I heard no movement. I reached for a rock from near the fence and gripped it tight.

Still no movement. The fuck did the guy do? Still keeping the rock raised in my hand, I neared the bushes and pushed some branches aside. He was inside, passed out. I could smell the liquor on him. Clearly he was drunk and had passed out from that. Just his luck.

I smashed the rock onto his head.

I looked around to make sure there wasn't any other drunken idiots around and went inside the house where my bag was. From my back pack I took out a large trash bag. After going back outside, I put in some heavy rocks into it.

Then bracing myself I got the man inside the bushes into the bag as well after a lot of struggle. I made sure to tie his hands to two of the rocks.

This wasn't even supposed to happen. I feared this was going to get in my way. I had to get rid of him as soon as possible. And without as much trace as I could. Best if his body wasn't found. I could only hope he was a loner and had no family.

After even more struggle, I managed to get the now very heavy trash bag into the car parked at the side. It was unlocked, the key was inside and I knew how to drive.

Within the next two hours, the last I saw of the bag was it sinking down into the river miles away from the house where I had suffocated the woman with snow.