Chapter 7- Fun (Sarcastic)

Jason's pov

Kasi called while I was hunting. I texted her saying I was hunting and I'd talk later. She texts back answer your phone please! All in caps. Ugh. I dial her number. "What?" "Patrick is back." My hands tense up. "Kasi I've got a pistol in my side table drawer in my bedroom. Get that and lock yourselves in my room. I'll be there as soon as I can." I book it back home and see his car. I load my crossbow and open the door quietly. "WHERE ARE YOU KASI?! YOU WHORE!!" I grit my teeth in rage. "Get the fuck out of my house!" I growl, pointing my crossbow at him. "You can't keep my wife and kids from me!" "I can if you abuse her, asshole. She's my sister long before she was your wife." He pounds a fist on my bedroom door. I hear the girls scream. "Get away from them." I growl pissed. I will not hesitate to pull the trigger." The weapon is still aimed at his head. He turns around, enraged ten to my surprise, he barrels toward me and tackles me to the ground. The crossbow firing into the ceiling. He punched me in the face and I kicked him off me then stumbled to my feet. "YOU PRICK!!" I yell, knocking him back into the wall with a punch to the face then a punch to his stomach. He uppercuts me and I stumble back, wiping blood off my lip. He tackles me and pins my hands at my sides with his knees. "Get off me, you douchebag!!" He grabs the knife at my belt, instantly making my fear escalate. I strugglingly pull my hand free as he brings it down. I try to hold it back as he pushed further! "No!" I grunt, struggling. The knife is inches from my face and inching closer as he pushes his weight down on it. "Crap!" My hands are shaking. Suddenly I hear a gunshot and everything freezes. He falls and I shove him off me, sitting up breathing heavily. He's got a bullet wound in his head. I stare at it shocked and look up. "Kasi?" I gasp shocked. She runs over and hugs me. "You're alright!" I'm shaking. I almost wasn't. I stare at the wall behind her wide eyed then wrap her in a hug. She cries against my shoulder. "Y-You saved my life, sis." I shakily whisper. I see that girls walk out, both crying. "Uncle Jason!" Sierra cries, running over with her sister. I hug both girls and smile. "It's okay girls. I'm okay."

*A few days later*

"Happy birthday to you!" It's Kasi's birthday. She blows her candles out. "What'd you wish for mama?" Miranda asks jumping up and down beside her. I smile and cut the cake. "I don't need anything else in my life but my family." She says hugging both girls. "Let's eat cake!" That girl is on the right track.