|2|Keep It Undercover

It had just got dark outside and the Coopers had just came back from a mission.

While everyone else had gone to their rooms, K.C. stayed downstairs, playing on her phone. The sat in the living room quietly until she heard a knock on the door, springing up from the couch and jogging to the door.

K.C. opens the door slowly, revealing Marisa who was standing in the doorway with a gigantic smile upon her face.

Before K.C. could say anything, Marisa skips in the room, plopping down on the couch and giving K.C. a wider smile than when she first walked in.

"Why are you so happy?" K.C. asks through a chuckle.

"Well..." Marisa giggles, "I got a job at that pizza place down the street and-"

Marisa cut herself off as she looked over at the kitchen counter, spotting some of Ernie's gadgets and raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, what's that?" Marisa questions. K.C. slowly turns around, spotting the gadgets as well and gasping nervously.

"Um, t-those are Ernie's. There for a uh... school project!" K.C. blurts nervously

"I don't remember anything like that being assigned to us," Marisa says.

"Well... uh..." K.C. utters, unsure of what to say.

"You're hiding something," Marisa suspects, raising an eyebrow and slowly rising from the couch, staring down at K.C. who was nervously fiddling with her nails.

"No, I'm not," K.C. responds nervously

Marisa sighs, "if you're not honna tell me then I'll just... go."

At that, Marisa walks over to the front door, opening it slowly.

"Marisa..." K.C. says softly.

"See at school, I guess," Marisa says before leaving the house and closing the door behind her.

K.C. stands in the middle of the floor, holding her head in her hands.

Just then, her mom enters the living room, looking at K.C.

"What's wrong, honey?" She asks in a concerned tone.

"Why can't I just tell Marisa the truth about us?" K.C. whines.

"You know why, K.C." Kira, her mom, responds. K.C. sighs, looking down and folding her arms.

"I'm just tired of keeping this from her, mom," K.C. complains.

"I'm sorry K.C., I don't know what else to tell you," Kira says before leaving the living room.

K.C. then groans in annoyance, walking to the front door and walking outside, letting the door shut behind her.

She paced down the pavement towards the smoothie shop. It was like Marisa had completely slipped from her mind and was replaced by a huge craving for a large smoothie.

She finally reached the smoothie shop, entering and walking over to the counter.

She ordered her drink and walked over to an empty table when she was done.

Just then, her phone began ringing quietly. She pulled her phone from her pocket, looking at the caller I.D. and realizing it was her mother that was calling her.

"Hello?" K.C. answers.

"K.C., I have a small mission for you," Kira says through the phone.

"What kind of mission?" K.C. asks.

"You're at the smoothie shop right?" Kira asks.

"Uh, yeah," K.C. responds, checking her surroundings as she now had a feeling someone was watching her.