Fading darkness

Derek's POV

Swinging the katana back and forth, swirling it around in my hand before striking again and again, not managing to connect a blow. Ramona, though tall with extended arms, was annoyingly nimble.

"Not hitting back?" I snapped, cutting down with the sword, missing again.

"Waiting wins wars sometimes" Ramona replied, poorly attempting to be philosophical. Her passive approach to my assult was become irritating.

"Im a werewolf incase you didnt know." lashing with sword i caught her arm, cutting slightly and triggering a screach from Ramona "waiting wont make me tired" i grimiced, happy with the connection id made.

"Verywell" her voice was deeper now with a tint of venom. Before i could react, the back of her long hand was pounded into my chest and my feet had left the ground. As i hit the floor,i struggled to breath, the air being knocked out of, both by Ramona and the impact of the landing. Gasp8ng for air, i realosed tge katana had been flung from my hand, skidded along the floor and now rested in the centre of the room.

"Not so fast boys" Ramona cackled, unleashing a thick black smoke which rushed at the rest of the pack who hadnt much moved. Scott was running to the katana. However, the thick black cloud sent his cascading into the wall, the cloud settling into a line of mountain ash just infront of the blade. Then, she turned back to me, still catching my breath.

As fast as i could, i got to my feet and breathed deeply, making sure i had atleast some air in my lungs. I swung my claws again and again but they simply passed through her, like trying to catch smoke with your hands. Smashing her large hand into my side, i toppled, leaving her towering above me. The long, mangled fingers of her hand wrapped around my arm and i was cast into tge metal support beam, blood spilling from my mouth as it connected with my back.

"The big bad wolf is not as powerful as he claims to be" she mocked, but there was little i could do, id felt a faint cracking in my back and now i could feel the lower end of my spine peicing itself back together my legs wouldnt move however, all i could do was hold my torso slightlt aloft, i wouldnt let her win, even if i had to drag myself to the sword.

Again her hand reached for my, engulfing my through and raising me up to around 7 feet in the air, gazing into my soul with her emptt purple eyes. "Pull me a little closer ramona, ill show you a close up of my teeth!" I tauntingly threatened.

"Or i could just take off your jaw" she reacher her free hand to my chin and aquired a grip on it. "That sounds easier"

My heart raced, i still couldn't quite move my legs and neither did i have the arm strength to pull her hand away from my throat or jaw. She was about to rip my jaw off, i couldnt quite grow another, fear was now causing through my veins, mingling with the rage that fueled me.

Suddenly, a large, shiney gold blade appeared through her chest, gliding through her like nothing. The look of shock and pain in Ramona's eyes however told me that she clearly felt it, unlike the other blades. Her distorted face began to melt away in plumes of thick black smoke, her screach casting it adrift. Once her hand began to melt away,i felk to the floor, a tingling in my legs telling me i wasnt going to be immobile much longer.

"Dont touch him you monster" id heard stiles shout as id fallen. In a few seconds, Ramona was no more than a thick cloud of black smoke diluting in the air. "Derek" he sobbed. My legs were back in action and i pushed myself up, coughing at thick smoke filling the room.

"Stiles" i felt my eyes begin to water, i reached put and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, placing a hand on the back of his head when he sobbed into my shoulder. My tears mixed with the blood down my chin as they dropped from my face. Pulling away and staring at his beautiful eyes, i realised it wasnt over. Id zoned out when i saw stiles, the real him, saving my life, i hadnt heard anything else, payed attention to any other part of the room, just his face. Now though i heard Decalian hollering "come on out you coward!" It was difficult to see much through the smoke and it sounded like protic had used it to conceal himself in it.