Regression to the mean

Derek's POV

Itd been about two weeks since the loft 'show down' since we'd heard any news at all on protic, and in all honesty, none of us were bothered, we had pretty mich forgotton about him. It was another long and lazy day in this week, a friday to be precise, school was on break. These last few weeks were the best of my life, the pack knew and accepted me and stiles now and we could openly kiss, cuddle and hold hands around the pack house, we just had to put up with oooo's and aaaahhhh's. Honeslty we liked the little comments now, gave us all a close sense of family.

Deaton had bought a new house just a 10 minute walk from us and scotts mum had finally gotten with Chris, they were concidering selling up and moving closer to us, having refused the offer of a place in the house.

"One werewolf son was enough thanks" melissa had replied.

As for the ring stiles had gave me, it never left my finger except for showers. Stiles wore his everywhere too, if ever we had to go somehwere without each other, even the shops, it still felt like they were with us, the rings carried a part of our connection in our minds, that was enough to comfort us.

Right now, it was 7pm, the sun and settled for the night, as had me and stiles. The pack lounged down stairs having a movie night, us, however sat in our room, laying on the bed, gazing out the window. I held him in my arms and pulled him close as we talked about pointless stuff.

"What about that star constellation, awh i dont think we can see it though our window" stiles sighed.

"What one?"

"The one you told me about when you have me the ring"

"The trsikele?"

"Yeah"

I rolled over so my back was facing his, my butt showing from the covers, it was warm and the sheets were pretty low on our bodies. "Just look at the one on my back" i say, playfully trying to arrouse stiles,i knew hed trace the tattoo and that the muscles on my back would set him off.

Turning to face ny back, stiles caught sight of my butt and chuckled "okay mr wolf, i can see your back, i can see yiur crack, all thats missing is your-"

"-dont you dare"

"-your sack ... get it?"

"Stop"

"Back sack and crack? Havent you heard of it before?"

"I have" i turned back over and looked him dead in the eyes "and its thee least romantic thing to say when your cuddled up in bed with your mate" i whined.

"Not if your mate has a swnse of humour" he probed.

"Mhmm, and your mate is?"

"Derek ha- ahhhh okay never mind"

"Not romantic"

"Funny though"

I couldnt help but give him a giggle, i satisfied his needs by letting myself openly chuckle, then meeting his gaze once more, i was about to kiss him and start making out until i heard my phone calling. Rolling out of bed, fully naked, i answered my phone and paced the room, letting everything hang, i was comfortable enough around stiles now not to care, hed more than just seen it all before.

"Hello" i answered the phone, chris argent was ringing me.

"Derek?"

"Argent?"

"Good news only this time" those words were a pure flood of relief, chris normally rang to tell us death and mayhem was coming our way.

"Never thought id hear you say that" i said letting myself chuckle while winking at stiles. When id stood up to answer the phone, the covers had dragged down to his knees and he had no intentions of pulling them back up. Chris could be telling me a werechicken was on the loose and id still be too intrested in stiles's body.