No Sheep

After so many months of ups and downs and not knowing what the hell we're doing Elliot and I have finally found our groove.

We've been working like crazy, almost non stop but it's almost Christmas.

I've met all of Elliot's brothers and sisters but we're going to spend Christmas with all of them at Elliot's moms house.

But if we can't find a way to put Merritt Rook away, we aren't going anywhere. It's the day before Christmas Eve. We were supposed to have left for Jersey already.

He was acquitted at trial and he's been quickly becoming the face of anti-authoritarian views. We know he coerced Lomax into strip searching that girl. And we have to get him.

He's having a rally. That we're going to crash.

We park the car on the curb, walking through the crowd of people chanting "No Sheep!".

People start swinging people's at each other, the feathers flying everywhere.

Elliot and I duck out of the crowd jumping back into the car.

We're covered in feathers and have nothing on Merritt Rook.

Casey starts digging through old files and all the information she can find on him.

"Olivia, Merritt's on a tirade about waking people up, today in his speech, he was going off about managed care." Munch says.

"So? He has a problem with his HMO, who doesn't?" I say, looking back to the paperwork on my desk, continuing to pull feathers out of my hair.

"His wife died in childbirth, the baby too." Munch says.

We all look up.

"He didn't sue." Casey says, "He's never filed any lawsuits, I checked before we went to trial."

"This guy doesn't think twice about making innocent people suffer, there's no way he lets the doctor who killed his family off the hook." Elliot says.

Elliot and I track down the doctor on Juliet Rook's delivery, only to find out that he's dead.

He t-boned a semi. The official report states that his car had brake failure.

Melinda finds the coroners reports and we pull the evidence from the investigation.

The doctor found a suicide note.

Elliot pulls it out of the file, and we read it.

"Detective Milgram won't stop calling me. He says I'm going to prison for murder. I never meant to harm that woman or her baby. God forgive me."

"Milgram, that's the name Rook used to coerce Lomax into strip searching that teenage girl." Elliot says. "He pushed the doctor to suicide. We got him. Let's pick him up."

"Not so fast, he won't be at home." O'Halloran says, "I'm on his website."

I look over his shoulder, reading out loud. "Join us tonight at ten o'clock at Grand Central for the most fun yet."

Elliot checks his watch.

"If we hurry we can make it." He says.

We speed all the way to Grand Central, walking in together, not making any kind of scene as to not alert anyone.

Elliot takes the East side of the station and I go West.