Eight

Nana's P.O.V.

It was a Monday like no other... JUST KIDDING! It was Irene's Day! I open my eyes groggily at first, but then remember the special occasion and jump out of bed with glee. Lily was home. I shook her awake. "WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT LORD IRENE DO YOU WANT NANA?" She yelled eventually. "It's soulmate day!!!!" I chirped with excitement. "Oh. I don't give a crap. So shut up and leave me alone." She said as she rolled to her side, facing the wall. I don't care anymore. I didn't look at my wrist at first because I wanted a surprise. I close my eyes. With excitement. "Alright Nana... 1... 2... 3!" I shout. I look down at my wrist. This was the marking engraved in my wrist:

I took a picture on Skype and sent it to Zane

I took a picture on Skype and sent it to Zane. He immediately texted back the same symbol on his pale wrist. I was overjoyed that we matched. I quickly got dressed in my uniform and grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen. Jordan was on the phone in the kitchen. I quickly waved and ran to the end of the street to catch the bus. Reese was there. "Hey Reese!" I waved. "Hey!" He said. "So what does your wrist look like?" I ask. He shows me a mark which looks like this:

 He shows me a mark which looks like this:

I show him mine. He seemed disappointed. "Something wrong?" I ask. "No. I'm fine." He said with a melancholy smile. I look down the road to see the bus. Zane doesn't usually get to school on the bus, so I sat with Reese. We talk about Irene's day, and how many years in a row we've had the same marking. Apparently he's had his marking ever since he was seven. I've had my marking since I was six. I stare out the window. Suddenly I feel someone yanking my hair. It was Katelyn. "Hey! What the hell are you doing sitting with my brother? Are you really cheating on Zane?" She laughed. "No! We're just friends." Reese said disappointedly. "Do you have a mark on your wrist kitty?" She asked. I didn't hesitate to show her. She had a mark too. The bus pulled to a stop and everyone filed into school. I walked down the hallway with my friend Travis. He had the same marking as Katelyn. I didn't want to tell him that, I wanted fate to bring them together, not a dork like me. I sat in the back as usual and started drawing my mark in my math book. I wrote next to my drawing, "Draw your Irene mark. Keep this new legacy going :)"

Zane's P.O.V.

I was overjoyed that I got the same mark as Nana. I went into history class and sat in the front. I wish I could text her, but she didn't have a phone.

"I love you Zane."

"Zane"

"ZANE!"

I stopped daydreaming to see Mr. Dewan looking down at me with anger in his eyes. "Yes Mr. Dewan?" I said. "Mr. Ro'Meave, I do not appreciate daydreaming in my class. Detention." He said. "That's not fair!" I shouted. "You want to talk back? Fine. Two day suspension." He told me. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I yelled. "That makes three days!" He shouted. I packed up before it could get any worse. I walked out the door so I could text my mother to pick me up.

Me: can u pick me up? I got suspended :(

Mom: Sure honey <3

Me: .///.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and waited outside of the school. I hope it'll be ok that I'm gone. I hope Nana will be okay.

Travis's P.O.V.

Irene, I've had this mark for so long. I don't know who I have matched with either. This freaking sucks. It's not Nana. I don't know what'll happen if i Have this same mark again.

Zane's P.O.V.

For the next few days I was locked in my room. I was going to go back to school on Friday. I had no one to talk to, not even Nana. Irene, I missed her. She wouldn't answer my Skype's because of homework. It was Thursday. I was going back tomorrow.

Nana's P.O.V.

Do you remember how my brother said to the principal that he would take me out of school if the bullying didn't stop? Well it didn't. I came back from school three days in a row with marks on me. I don't know how to tell Zane, Travis or Reese that I'm leaving. I am currently bawling my eyes out on my bed. I heard my computer go off. It was Zane. He wanted to FaceSkype. I wiped the tears off my face and picked it up. "Hi Zane!" I say. "You haven't been picking up my calls or answering my texts." He said worriedly. "Oh. I've been very busy with schoolwork." I reply. "Oh. I get to see you tomorrow at school tomorrow!" He says lovingly. "Yeah.." I say. "Something wrong Nana?" "N-no! Well, it's something... but I'll tell you tomorrow." I say sadly. "N-Nana? Don't hang up!" He yells. But it was too late. I hung up and start to cry again. I cry until I fall asleep.