You Had Me Since

By: Emela

Warning: Smut

This includes Shy Virgin!Derek and kinda Jock!Stiles? It's literally just smut tho but there's feels

- - -

Derek looks down at the envelope and sighs. He has got this. Erica said so. Boyd said so. Danny said so and Danny's a genius. But that doesn't stop him from feeling like he is going slowly out of his mind. It's just a stupid university, he tells himself. There are plenty of other universities out there. Plenty who have already accepted him. If he doesn't get into this one, it's no big deal. (He'll just be the first one in his family not to get in. That's all. No pressure or anything.)

"Hey, Danny?" a familiar voice says, opening his bedroom door.

Stiles who Derek's been in love with since they were fifteen. Stiles who is the star of the lacrosse team while Derek stands in the bleachers, pretending to be there to keep Danny company while he supports his stupid asshole-boyfriend Jackson, all the while unable to drag his eyes from Stiles in those shorts he wears, watching the way they hug him as he runs down the field and fist bumps his best friend Scott whenever they score.

Stiles is the last person Derek wants to see right now. His head already hurts, he doesn't need a visual reminder his unrequited love is still very much...unrequited. Erica says he should just tell Stiles, but Derek doesn't think that's a very good idea. Not when he doesn't get to see Stiles much in the first place. If he told him he'd never see him. As it is, Derek only gets to be in the same room as Stiles when he comes over to Danny's to celebrate with Jackson, Scott and Isaac on winning a game, and because Derek is Danny's best friend, it's just accepted he should celebrate with them too.

(Derek tries to deny the only reason he's there instead of studying or watching Game of Thrones is to watch Stiles like a giant creeper, but Danny has caught him looking like a love sick puppy far too many times for it to be something he only has to work on denying to himself.)

"Oh," Stiles says, smile dissolving into a small frown. "I thought you were Danny."

"He's out with Jackson," Derek shrugs, trying not to feel hurt that Stiles is disappointed to see him, focusing instead on keeping his eyes from wandering down to stare at Stiles' mouth. Stiles' mouth is obscene. Derek is pretty sure Cupid carved it. It doesn't help that Stiles sits through every class he shares with Derek chewing on pencils, or when he sucks on his fingers after every single slice of goddamn pizza when they order it.

"My sisters were annoying me," he adds when Stiles doesn't say anything, just continues to stand there, leaning against the door, arms folded in typical cool-guy stance. Derek wishes he found it less appealing and more arrogant, but Stiles is more loveable asshole than arrogant douchebag. God help him. "He said I could study here."

"You like studying, huh?" Stiles says, rather than asks. Derek's cheeks heat up.

"I guess so?" he mumbles, turning back to look at his envelope. "I like learning," he adds, feeling somewhat defensive. Just because Stiles seemingly never needs to study to get straight As- fucking, beautiful, smart people- doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

"Hey, I'm all about books," Stiles says, walking into the room and sitting himself down on Danny's bed. He looks comfortable there, Derek notices, like he's been in it a hundred times before.

Derek knows Stiles used to date Danny before Jackson. Before Jackson realised liking boys as well as girls didn't mean he was broken and came out to Danny by confessing that he "kind of loved" him and "could they have sex now?" (Supposedly, it was beautiful, but Danny has never been much of a romantic. Unlike Derek, who sometimes likes to fantasise about what he'd like his first dance to be at his (and Stiles') wedding- because that isn't weird at all.)