Chapter Four - The First Love

I figured Holden had been joking about the invite, but he ended up texting me the address and Crystal had brought it up during class

"Are you going to the party?" I turned to ask Bonnie.

"Party?"

"On Stephanie's yacht? It's on Saturday," I clarified.

"Right," she said, looking down at her book. She just shrugged her shoulder and I didn't bring it up for the rest of class. On the way out, Bonnie broke off from Crystal and Rebecca and I followed, letting them know I was keen to catch up with them on Saturday.

"Bonnie," I said, coming to a slow jog beside her. I really wanted to have someone I knew a little better at the party with me on Saturday.

"Not heading home?" She asked, continuing down the hall.

"So, about Saturday?"

"Look Daisy, I know you have good intentions and all, but not everyone gets invited to the Top Four's parties."

"No, it's cool. Holden said I could bring anyone."

"I'm busy on Saturday anyway, sorry. Just be careful okay? I've heard some pretty heinous rumours."

If I hadn't already been nervous before Bonnie decided to scare the crap out of me, I was after what she said. After going through my wardrobe, I was sure I had nothing to wear. Then came the thoughts of backing out.

My phone vibrated. It was Amy. "Hello?" I answered, before putting the phone on speaker and leaving it on the table.

"So, photos?"

"No. I did not take creepy photos of my physics partner," I scoffed.

"What a shame. Luckily, I can google him and he comes up," she said gleefully. "Dude, he is cute. How can a guy be simultaneously hot and cute?"

"We have bigger problems. I have nothing to wear to a yacht party on Saturday."

"Hold up, hold up, hold up. Yacht party?"

"Yes. It's on a yacht apparently."

"Holy shit."

"Yes. You see the problem is I have no idea what to wear."

"Something super tight and skimpy!"

"And exactly what do I own that is tight and skimpy?"

"Go get yourself a little black dress. One of the ones with super deep v cuts made of that ribbed fabric that just clings to you – "

I cut her off. "Why did I think you'd help me out with an outfit?"

"I am helping!" She retorted indignantly.

I felt like it'd be stupid to text Holden and ask what the dress code was like. I hadn't exactly been to many parties, and definitely none that were on a yacht. After browsing at the shops for a whole day and trying on many disappointing outfits, I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and a cute white off-shoulder.