Chapter Eleven - 11:11

No one was coming after me, but I hadn't planned very far ahead

No one was coming after me, but I hadn't planned very far ahead. There I was, dressed as an un-showered angel standing in the valet area in front of the hotel. "Daisy!" Elaine exclaimed, bursting through the double doors. I looked over her shoulder to make sure no one had followed. "Look, I don't know what's going on, but it sure seemed like you didn't want anyone to find out who you were," she said, puffing, hunched over, hands resting against her knees. "Man, I need to work out more," she wheezed.

"Ok, so I'm kind of in a mess right now," I said.

"Odds that this involves Holden and Parker somehow?"

"High. But first, we need to get out of here because if someone else finds out who I was, I'm in trouble," I said, turning to try and flag a cab.

"Who knows?"

"Logan."

"Crap," she groaned, squeezing her temples. "He's bad news."

My heart nearly stopped when the double doors open again, but I was relieved to see it was just Parker. Although, he looked a little more like a unicorn than the devil with the flecks of sparkly confetti covering him. His face was stuck in a permanent scowl as he picked the little pieces off and tossed them away in disgust.

"How about we get out of here before the rest of the party joins us?" I suggested.

"I could really eat something. Let's go to Marco's," Elaine replied.

"Are you serious? I spend four out of seven of my weekly nights there."

"Best diner around here," Parker said.

"Exactly!" Elaine exclaimed. "It's the only decent joint for anyone under the age of forty around here."

Parker stepped a little further out onto the curb and stuck his arm out as a cab came down the street. He peered into the passenger seat before sitting in the back. Elaine followed and I squeezed in after her. There were bags stacked on the passenger seat.

The cab's seats were starting to peel and the smell of melted cheese seemed permanently woven into the fabric. Elaine was being crushed by our two sets of wings, but she didn't seem too bothered, seeing as how she was focused on a wrapper containing unidentified mush. Parker wasn't doing much better, obviously trying to keep any areas of exposed skin away from furnishings or handles.

We finally got to Marco's and Elaine paid the driver before taking in a deep breath of fresh air. "Reminds me of why I don't catch cabs," Parker remarked.

The bell at the door gave off a merry jingle as we entered. The tables were mostly empty, given it was so late. The restaurant was a dimly lit neon pink, casting a shade of pink across the usually red seats.

We sat down and my coworker, Ben, came by to give us our menus. "Hey Daisy," he greeted.

"Working a double shift again?" I asked.