Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Eye of the Storm

Chapter Thirty-Eight – The Eye of the Storm

As requested, I'll be including a brief summary of what's been happening in the story :~) Not too sure how to structure or format it but we shall see haha

Summary

After a party Logan kissed Daisy but he doesn't remember it. He's falling apart as his parents file for divorce. The DNA test letter results that Logan ordered and stashed inside a book went missing after the party, and news outlets have published the fact that he has a half sibling.

In the background, Daisy's suspicious that her mum is having an affair with Courtney's dad. Courtney is the girl who was throwing up at a party and Daisy helped her. Parker knows about her suspicions and has been driving her to and from school to try and earn her forgiveness after the whole Clarissa ordeal.

This chapter picks up when Daisy agrees to meet Logan at school early to see what they should do about the news, but Holden intercepts her first.

---

"DAISY," CAME LOGAN'S VOICE.

Holden and I stopped in our tracks and before I had a chance to stop him, Holden closed the distance between him and Logan, slamming him into the locker. "What are you trying to do!?" He exclaimed.

"You think I wanted my family name smeared across the front cover of every paper in the country!?" Logan shifted his weight and shoved Holden backwards.

"Guys stop!" I yelled. Before I had a chance to step in, they were back at it. Holden had Logan by the lapels of his blazer up against the locker.

"Take this somewhere else! You want everyone here to see this!?" Parker's voice came from behind me. He grabbed Holden by his arms and pulled him backwards. "You okay?" He asked, looking at me. I nodded.

"Calm down man. We can fix this," Parker said to Holden. "Let's talk about this somewhere more private."

"Are you okay?" I asked, turning to Logan.

"Fine," he said gruffly, straightening his blazer.

The four of us were standing around in their club room. Parker made sure to stand in between Logan and Holden. "The DNA you ran...is it mine?" Holden asked.

Logan crossed his arms and leaned against the table of the kitchenette. "Yeah," he said.

"You're fucking lying. What are you getting out of this?" Holden snapped. Logan rolled his eyes.

"And why the fuck would I want to do that?"

"I don't know. You're the psycho with some vendetta against me!"

"Daisy?" Logan looked at me and I knew it was finally time to talk about what I'd heard at the gala that night. I'd been pretending that I hadn't heard anything. I'd told myself it was to 'protect' Logan and Holden, but I'd just been too cowardly to do anything about it.

"You knew?" Holden asked.

"This isn't her fault, Holden," Parker said slowly.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed.

"Tell him," Logan said. "Please...you promised that when I was ready to hear it, you'd tell me."

"When did you become best friends?" Holden continued. "Did you forget this guy got someone to steal your uniform and blackmailed us?"

"I'm so sorry Holden." The lump in my throat was growing and my heart was about to break free from my ribcage.

"You're trying to tell me that this DNA test isn't a complete fraud? How is this even possible?"