1. The Proposal

It started on winter. Your fate had changed into nightmare since then...

You were on your way to the supermarket to buy some ingredients for your mother. You wore beautiful red winter coat with gloves that matched with the color. You heard the sound of bell rang when you opened the door and the employee immediately greeted you. You began to search anything you needed in every shelve that contained so many goods. After that, you walked to the cashier and paid the things you have brought.

"Thank you and hope you come again~" she said as she gave you a smile and bow slightly. You really didn't care because you felt something wrong with this day--or maybe yourself.

'Chocolate, sugar, milk, yoghurt, cinnamon, coffee... Hmm.. Nothing left behind. So why did i feel like--ah, i should go home before it's getting colder.'

You walked as fast as your heartbeat beating. You didn't know what happened to you, but you could careless, maybe sleeping would make you feel better when you got home.

While your mind wondered to the other land, you didn't realize that there was someone on the side of the street, looking down as he patiently waiting you to get near him. He pulled your arm and immediately you looked at him surprised. You could see his beautiful brown eyes and brunette hair with bandage all over his neck, hands, and covered his right eye. He smiled at you but you still gave him questioning look.

"I found you, [F/N]-chan.."

"Who are you?" You asked him confused. His smile turned into frown.

"Don't you remember me?" He asked you again. You shook your head hesitantly. He sighed, "i understand, it's been twenty years anyway. I wont blame you because you forget me. But i hope you didn't forget your promise, [F/N]-chan."

"What promise?"

"You said, you will marry me someday." He said softly. Your eyes widen in surprised, your mind tried to understand what he had said.

"Wait, wait.. I think you meet the wrong person. Excuse me, but i--" you said as you tried to release your arm from his grip. But he just made it tighten.

"No! You are [F/N]! The one that i met that day. The one that always by my side when i needed. You should fulfill your promise, [F/N]--"

"No, i can't!"

"Why?-"

"Because i have a boyfriend!"

Silent took over the situation. He froze for a moment before laughing bitterly. "Really? Why did you make it difficult? You should just agree with it--"

"I won't." You said bravely.

"You won't?" He said while looking at you with his dull eyes and suddenly your words were jailed. You were too scared with him when he gave you that look. You gulped your saliva then shook your head slightly. "Well, then. It means you're ready for the worst." He continued then released your arm.

"What do you mean?" You asked him as you furrowed your eyebrows. But he just gave you a playfully smile.

"Your parents will die."

---oOo---

You walked home with an annoying look. You wanted to shout at him and swearing at him, while he held your hand as he smiled satisfyingly.

"I'm home." You greeted as you entered your house.

"Welcome home." Your mother said as she ran into you after washed her hands. She helped you to bring the things you've bought from supermarket. She froze when she looked in front of the door. Her eyes looked at a tall handsome man with brunette hair and brown eyes. The man gave her an angelic smile. You sighed as you ignored him and chose to walk away. But, something prevented you to go. You looked at your wrist. It was your mother who has prevented you. She looked at you questioningly.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry for disturbing your night. But, i'm here because i have something to tell you, Mrs. [L/N]." The brunette haired man said. "My name is Dazai Osamu, [F/N]-chan's boyfriend."

"But isn't your boyfriend's name is Kenzo?" She looked at you confused. You would tell her the truth but--

"Ah, but she broke up with him a month ago." He cut it off.

"Hm... I think so, because he barely come to our home again..." Your mom said sadly. You really really wanted to kick him in the head, face, stomach, everywhere for lying to your mother. You never broke up with Kenzo. He barely come to see you because he was in another country for work.

'Damn you, Dazai Osamu.'

You cursed him under your breath. And finally your mother let him to enter your house. He immediately sat on the sofa with your mother across it. She told you to bring him some drink.

"So... What do you want to talk about?" She asked a man in front of her. He gave her a smile for a second until you appeared with a tray of tea. He looked at you while you took the cup of tea from the tray to table.

"I want to marry your daughter."