17

Grayson's pov

"It will all be my fault." I said as skylar let me go. "Stop saying that, she can't blame you for the accident." Skylar told me. I know Mayra will. "I don't know what to do." I said. "You can't do anything, you need to wait. Be patient." Skylar said as she took my hand.

"Come on we're going inside, it's cold." She said and I walked inside with her. "Sorry I reacted that way dude." Jayden said as I nodded. "I get it, I hurt your sister. I'm still learning this relationship kind of stuff." I said.

I'm too impatient.

It's like they say once a fuck boy, always a fuck boy.

I'm just trying to change that quote. I don't want to be like that and I love Mayra still. Maybe it'll be just fine. It's just a test. Maybe it'll bring us all together now. Mayra and I will be there for the kid and maybe, for once, everything will just be fine.

"Family of Mayra?" A doctor said as we immediately stood up. "She's not awake yet, we expect her to wake up soon." The doctor said as Mayra's father nodded. "What about the baby?" Skylar immediately asked.

"We weren't managed to safe it." He began as tears welled up in my eyes. "She lost it." He said. "And she has to give labor to the baby with our help." He continues. "I'm sorry to tell you this." He ended. I felt Skylar's hand on my back to comfort me but I immediately walked away. I kicked a chair and hurt my foot. Fuck that. "Gray." Her dad said but I just walked away.

I walked to another chair somewhere down the hallway. Far away from the others. I can't deal with it. This hurts. I guess somewhere I wanted that baby but when I knew I hurt Mayra, I was afraid to come back.

Skylar sat down next to me on another chair. "I don't want to talk." I said. "Then, don't talk to me and listen." She said and I just stayed in the same position as I was. Which was my head in my hands. "You do realize that you're the father of the baby." She said.

"I was and I do realize that." I said. "You need to tell her this." Skylar continued. I looked at her. "You're fucking with me." I said and she shook her head. "I'm a fucking mess Sky." I continued. "I know that's why." She said and I just stopped talking.

"She wants to see if you care and we all know you do, she just doesn't know that." Skylar explained as I shook my head know. "You don't get it. She will not listen. She hates me." I said and I don't blame her for that. "You know she will never hate you." Skylar said.

"Well I do hate myself so why wouldn't she?" I asked and laughed. "Because she loves you." She said. "Listen I understand you're a mess but man up, go get your girl back and show her you care." Skylar said and I nodded.

"You know what Mayra is like, she thinks no one cares about her so she has this attitude." She started talking again. "But be stubborn Grayson, it will help a lot and she'll give up." She said ending the conversation.

"She's awake." We heard a manly voice saying. It was Mayra's dad. "You want to go first?" He asked and I looked at Skylar who gave me a certain look. I knew I had to. "Yes." I said and stood up.

I walked back to the waiting room and then to the second door on the left. The place where Mayra just woke up. Not knowing what I'm about to go tell her. The thought of it can make me cry already. I knocked on the door even though I didn't know why.

After that I opened the door and came into the room. Mayra looked at me. "Grayson?" She asked.