Mundane Day

"I can't believe you muted me Calista, I thought we were closer than that." Marcus whines playfully to his sister who waltzes around her room.

"You were yelling at me Marcus, you know I love you more than I love myself." She tells him as she finally leaves her room and walks down to the Ops Center. "I don't even see why Caleb told on me. I was perfectly fine, I know how to handle demons."

"He's your twin Cali, you get hurt he gets hurt as well. He was just looking out of you." He sighs and Calista rubs her forehead and starts looking at the scene in front of her.

"I know, but I'm twenty years old..." She starts but once again gets cut off

"We know, but in our eyes you're still seven. We know that you can take care of yourself, we've seen it first hand, we just don't want our only sister getting hurt or worse." He says and Calista knows not to fight with him anymore.

"I know." She whispers and hears Marcus let out a sigh of relief.

"Good, now next time you mute me I'm coming to New York and lighting a fire under your ass." He growls and a wave a fear courses through her body, she's the only one of her siblings that didn't have an element dex. She hangs up the phone and runs her hand through her hair and she turns around to see Izzy, Clary, Jace and a nerdy looking mundane in the institute and her fear fades away and she goes into authority mode.

She senses someone next to her and looks over to see Alec next to her. She notices his clenched jaw and the two walk over to the three.

"Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" Calista snaps, her voice cold and harsh, scaring the new shadowhunter and the mundane. Jace looks over at the Honorlaw and scans her body once, more, earning a jealous glare from Clary.

"A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." Jace sighs, trying to get the rude girl to understand, but her stance doesn't waver. Clary watches the exchange between the two, thinking they were still together, she then looked over at how close Alec and Calista were standing, her back almost pressed against his front.

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother." Clary adds and causes Calista to roll her eyes.

"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" The Mundane asks and Calista snaps her glare over to him.

"Don't speak." She snaps and The mundane looks at her in fear.

"All we know is... a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed... including my father." Jace say and Calista steps away from Alec and steps over to Jace, wrapping her hand around his arm. He looks at her and wraps his arm around her waist pulling her into his side. Clary glared at the brunette, but the glare was short lived when she saw the way Jace was looking at her. He kisses her temple and rubs the bare skin of her side.

Alec not like the position the two are in, pulls Calista out of Jace grip and to his chest, holding her tightly. He sends Jace and glare and Jace just smirks at him.

"And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." Calista finishes, liking her new spot in front of Alec.

"But, how is that even possible? It's your history." Clary asks and Alec lets out a loud scoff.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter?" Calista smirks at the Lightwoods comment and starts tracing a rune on his arm.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. And now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, I'm... There's gotta be someone out there who can tell us why they've taken my mother." Clary complains, Alec and Calista roll their eyes, earning a glare from both Jace and Izzy. Jace starts to walk off and then turns around to look at the redhead.