No Mundanes

"Clary!" Jace shouts after the running redhead, but she just kept running towards her apartment. "Clary, stop! Where are you going?" The five others follow her into the house to find is all torn apart and trashed, more than likely by Circle members.

"Two men, Circle members... the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" She says her breath trembling. Calista groans at the girl emotions, she never liked people who showed their emotions. Emotions should only be shown behind closed doors to one's significant other, not the entire world. 

"No. She was just trying to help me. Now, she's gone." Clary crys and Jace walks over to her comforting her. 

"Clary, I'm sorry." He says, trying to get the crying girl to calm down.

"You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister." She sniffs and Calista rolls hers eyes.

"It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now." She demands and Clary turns and looks at the Honorlaw, still not understanding how someone could be so cold and mean.

"So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot," Clary starts and Calista interrupts her. 

"And that's my problem how?" She asks and Clary glared once more before continuing.

"...and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?" She finishes and looking at Jace. He turns to the other three.

"There is another option." He says, the other shadowhunters knowing instantly what he was talking about.

"Don't even"

"Absolutely not."

"Fuck no." 

Izzy, Alec and Calista all say in unison as Jace rolls his eyes. Simon and Clary share a confused look before looking at the shadowhunters. 

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace says, crossing his arms and Calista gets in his face.

"You are fucking bat shit crazy if you think that taking a girl who has been a shadowhunter all of 18 hours to the Silent Brothers is a good idea." She hisses and Jace looks her in the eyes before looking over her shoulder at Alec, who gets the hint and pulls the girl back to him.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asks

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers. Who possess the ability to recover memories." Izzy smiles, a glimmer of hope rising in the redhead.

" A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Calista says and Simon turns to the beautiful shadowhunter, slightly intimidated by her and the tall man standing behind her.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." He smiles and earns a snarky look from the Honorlaw.

"We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it." Alec adds, and Jace looks over at his parabatai.

"This isn't our choice to make." He snaps before point to Clary. "This is Clary's decision."

"You can't ask her to do this. She doesn't know what she's facing. She's not prepared." Izzy says, adding to the group of nae sayers. Clary ignores all the negatives and takes at step forward.

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." She says and a victory smirk finds it's way onto Jace's face.

"That settles it. See? I told you she's one of us." He says smugly and Calista rolls her eyes and walks past Jace, bumping her shoulder violently into his.