|7|Fluffy Doesn't Like Happiness

[Reader's P.O.V]

Ugh... it's Monday. I was by myself walking into school. Shark, Rio's brother, wanted to talk to her. It was unlikely I would see her today during school. I spotted Jaden sitting at a desk talking to Jesse in homeroom. "Hey (Y/N)," Jaden waved. I waved back, sending them a small smile.

I pulled out a chair a bit away from them. I was about to sit till Jesse called, "Come sit with us (Y/N). We don't bite," he chuckled.

Awkwardly I sat down next to Jesse across from Jaden. Even though I meet Jesse on Friday I still don't much about him. I do know he can see duel spirits, same with Jaden. But even so I still don't know much about him.

"I can't wait for our fusion course period," Jaden broke the silence. Jesse nodded in agreement.

"Fusion course?"

"Yeah, what course do you have?" Jesse asked.

"I don't know actually."

Jaden and Jesse looked at each other. "Didn't you sign up for one during the entrance exam?" Jaden raised a brow.

"That's the thing I signed up for more than one. I signed up for three."

"Wow three! Which ones?" Jaden asked eagerly.

"Well fusion, XYZ and pendulum."

"Pendulum? Isn't that course only for a select few?" I nodded at Jesse's question. Jesse opened his mouth, about to say something but was interrupted by the teacher.

"Ok class settle down." The man in front of us wasn't the same teacher we had on Friday. "Your homeroom teacher has resigned but luckily you got me as a teacher. My name is Mr Kay." Our new teacher is actually better than I thought he would be. To sum him up he is a teacher that doesn't drone on, has a sense of humor and is surprisingly nice.

"What class do you have next?" Jaden asked.

"Science," I said, checking my schedule.

"Aw man, I have math," he complained.

"English for me," Jesse chimed. "Do you know where to go?"

"Yeah, Jaden gave me a tour when I first arrived."

"Ok, see you later!"

My class was with Mr Banner. After introducing myself to the class I was assigned a seat. I recognized the boy I was sitting next to. He's the one I saw in the alley that day.

My attention snapped back to the teacher as he told us about a project. "For the project you will be put into pairs. First Marik and Dennis, Bakura and (Y/N)..." I have no clue who Bakura is.

"Guess we're partners then." The voice was gruff and deep. Bakura was the boy that was sitting next to me.

"Yeah." There was a awkward silence after that. "So what do you want to do?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Your choice."

"Well since we can chose the field of science how bout astronomy?" He nodded. I've always liked the stars since I was a child.

"The project is due by Friday. You may present it anyway you wish. If you need to go into town for supplies come to me for a note." We are only allowed to leave school grounds freely on weekends. The bell rang, ending the short lived period.

"Meet me by the gate after class so we can go to buy supplies. Can you get the note?" he stated. He didn't even give me a choice, walking out before I could answer.

After having math with Mr Crowler, who didn't seem to favour me because I was friends with the 'slacker' Jaden, it was lunch. "(Y/N), hey!" It was my small bean friend Yugi.

"Oh hey Yugi," I said.

"(Y/N) do you want to meet my friends?" he asked gently.

I smiled, "sure."

Yugi led me to a table with seven people. "Guys this is (Y/N), the girl from Saturday I told you about?"

"Hey, the names Joey Wheeler and this is Téa, Tristan, Ryou, Duke Yugi's twin Yami and my little sister Serenity," Joey grinned.

"Joey if you keep smiling like that your gonna scare her away."

"What? I will have you know I have a very handsome smile!"

Man, these guys sure are funny. Their weird but then again who here isn't.

"So do you like the academy so far?" Ryou asked.

"Oh yeah, Ryou you look a lot like a boy called Bakura in my science class. Are you siblings?"

He nodded, "yes, we are twins as a matter of fact."

"Ya know Bakura? You better be careful around him," stated Tristan. The others nodded in agreement, even Ryou.

"Why?" I was puzzled, Bakura didn't seem that bad.

"He has done some bad things in the past so we just want you to be careful," Yami explained, he looked quite concerned.

"Just promise you will keep your distance, ok?" Yugi asked.

"Well that's gonna be hard since I have to do a science project with him."

"What?" they shouted.

Finally my first duel class. I had XYZ as my first course, tomorrow was pendulum then fusion. My class was being held in the duel arena since the fusion class (Jaden and Jesse's class) was outside today. "Ok today we will just have a few duels, does anyone want to volunteer for the first match?"

"Me!" shouted, who I assumed to be, Yuma. That boy is like a little brother to me. He always eager to duel so it didn't surprise me that he would volunteer.

"Hmm ok and how about Quattro." The boy stood along with Yuma, walking (or running in Yuma's case) to the arena. Girls squealed as Quattro swiftly walked passed them. He smirked when we made eye contact. After the match Yuma was sulking as he had lost. I gave him a comforting pat on the back telling him he did great.

Finally school finished for the day. Tori whisked Yuma away whilst I went to meet up with Bakura. Him and I greeted each other with a simple hello and went to the office to sign out using the note.

"What do we need?" he asked.

"Polystyrene foam balls, paint, string, paper and cardboard."

"l have cardboard and paper we can use." I ticked cardboard and paper.

"Let's go then."

After walking for a bit Bakura asked a weird question. "What is that infestation of tiny creatures?" he pointed to the sounds of giggles and chatter.

"Those are children and that's a school," I said blankly.

"Their to happy... I don't like it."

An hour passed and we had collected all the items we required. We decided to call it a day and to meet up in the garden tomorrow to gather information.

"See you tomorrow dear." I didn't understand the nickname but shrugged it off nonetheless.

The sun was setting and I felt like a presence was looming in the shadows, watching me.

Warm breath hit my neck as the stranger whispered, "well hello there."

[A/N] So here's the next chapter. I'm probably not going to be able update till around the start of January because in a few days I will be leaving on holiday. Also on a side note, what do you want your deck to be like?