Chapter 5

Written by Leia

"Been some time since you left the tournament, girl. Show ain't so hot after ye left." The worker at the sign-up place told her.

"Sure. Thanks." She smiled.

Just then, her comm went off. It was her friends. She had almost forgotten they were still stuck in her room. She almost forgot that once they left and Eli finds out she isn't home, everyone will be grilled alive. "Leia! You there? Your brother's calling. Got some mission near Herringbone- hold on."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm right there. Just tell them to go. Use any excuse, as long as it doesn't involve extra K-dramas." She hurriedly said and walked into the arena.

"Alright Stormy. It's just you and me." She popped the canister onto her hilt, the electric blue and neon yellow slug chirping happily at her.

The waiting area was the same, crowded with overly huge men and people yelling at their slugs. She shrugged, thinking when would they learn their lesson, and proceeded to stand by in a corner.

After a few rounds, it was finally her turn. She walked onto the arena, and embraced the feeling of duelling after so many years.

~~~~~This is an excuse for writing less duels.~~~~~~

Semi finals.

The round, not as important as the finals, bit important enough to decide who gets into the finals. So yeah, it's still kind of important.

She stepped onto the platform, readying her blaster and slugs, before facing her opponent. She had red hair tied into two pigtails, and it reminded her of-

"Trixie?" She asked, unbelievably.

"Nope, it's me. Nica." The girl turned around to face her as well, grinning.