fifty-three

july 2018
📍los angeles, california
kelsey's pov

+++

"I just missed you."

"That's your own problem. I'm not the one who ended our relationship."

Okay, I was glad he missed me. But I couldn't eat or sleep for days because all I could focus on was that I'd lost him. He doesn't get to show up and act like the past few days haven't happened.

"I'm sorry! You act like I wanted to break up with you."

"If you didn't want to break up with me then why did you? You're not making any sense."

"I did it because I wasn't ready."

"What? So you're ready now? How much has changed in the last nine days Shawn?"

"You've changed."

"You broke my heart and left without a real explanation! You're almost twenty years old, you're fully capable of having a real relationship so don't start that shit. You know you broke up with me because you wanted to be able to do whatever, and do whoever you want while you're on tour in December."

"You know I'm not like that Kelsey. I broke up with you because it'd be easier than making you wait while I'm gone, you're too good for that. You deserve better, we both do. You knew it was coming."

"No, I didn't know it was coming, obviously."

I pull away from him and walk back into the house to try to find Lola. I was ready to leave even if Jess would probably try and get me to stay and have fun, but after that conversation I'm ready to go home.

Once I found the girls we had come to a conclusion we would stay for fireworks. The Fourth of July was my favorite holiday, and I couldn't let Shawn and our breakup ruin the whole thing.

+++

july 2018
📍los angeles, california
@kelseykais
tagged: @justjess @lolalola @tanamongeau

july 2018📍los angeles, california @kelseykaistagged: @justjess @lolalola @tanamongeau

Liked by shawnmendes, imari_stuart and 1M+ others

kelseykais: happy fourth babes ❤️❤️

Comments have been disabled

+++

A/N: soooo shawn broke up with her because he didn't want long distance basically and he was trying to play it off as he "wasn't ready for a serious relationship" and she knew he was full of shit and thought he was a hoe but she was WRONG okay bye