seventy-two

september 2018
📍los angeles, california
kelsey's pov
+++

"So did you cheat on me with Hailey or not?" I ask Shawn the next morning as we're both just laying in bed, not really wanting to get up and start the day.

"I kissed her once, but I didn't mean to I promise. I stopped right after."

Well that fucking hurt.

"You-you actually kissed her?"

"I swear I didn't-"

"Maybe you should go back to your hotel." I interrupt him, sitting up quickly.

"Please Kelsey." He tries to pull me back to the bed, his eyes starting to tear up in an instant. "Let me explain what happened, the whole thing. Please."

I scrunch my eyes shut, hoping it'd stop the tears that wanted to flow. I didn't want Shawn to see me cry right now.

"Whatever." I mumbled, wiping my wet checks with the back of my hand.

"It's just- we were sitting there talking, and she asked if we'd ever be more than friends and I said no-"

I interrupt him, "Shouldn't Hailey know that by now? You have a fucking girlfriend!"

"I said no and she said okay, then she kissed me, and we kissed, then I pulled away and I- and I left!" His voice cracked as he moved his hands wildly, trying to explain. "I know I ruined everything with that and I should have told you but-"

I got up as I walked out of my room, Shawn following me like a lost puppy.

"I'm gonna get in the shower." I mumbled, grabbing a towel from the closet in the hall as I made my way to the bathroom. Thirty more seconds, hold it together for twenty nine, twenty eight-

"Kelsey..."

"Just give me a minute to think." I kept my tone quiet as I opened and shut the door quickly, turning the faucet on before I started to cry.

I sniffled, taking off Shawn's t-shirt I had slept in last night when there was a knock at the door.

"Babe."

I let another few tears fall before he opened the door slowly as I stared at him.

"Shoulda locked the door." He shrugged, coming in when I rolled my eyes.

"What are you-" My throat closed up halfway through my question as the tears choked me up, Shawn wrapping me in his arms carefully. I bit the inside of my cheek as I cried, burying my face into his sweatshirt.

"I hate you." I say breathlessly as I pull back, letting Shawn wipe my tears himself.

"It won't happen again, I love you." He whispered, pulling me back to him. His hand held the back of my head as I pulled away, drying my eyes again.

"Kay, I need to get in the shower, so leave." I said, turning around and unclipping my bra.

I groaned when I didn't hear him leave, turning around and covering my chest as I heard Shawn crack up.

"Get out!" I laughed, throwing my bra at him as he caught it, setting it down.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." He sang, taking off his sweatshirt in the process of his annoying-ness.

"Shawn!" I scolded, opening the door in an attempt to get him out.

"What? We need to save water, it's bad for the environment."

I shook my head, taking off the pajama shorts I had on before stepping in the shower. "You're a piece of shit." I said under my breath.

"I'm what?" He asked as I heard the smile in his voice, getting in after me.

"I said your song is a hit."

Shawn shook his head as he tried to hold in a laugh. "You know I love you? I promise."

I looked away from him as I started to tear up again. If he loved me why did he make that choice?

+++

september 2018
📍 los angeles, california
@kelseykais
tagged: @shawnmendes

september 2018📍 los angeles, california @kelseykaistagged: @shawnmendes

Liked by shawnmendes, dylannn and 1M+ others

kelseykais: whatta throwback

load 56,000+ comments

username: OMGGGG

username: Aw, almost a year of #shelsey

username: SO CUTE SO CUTE YES

username: relationship goals

username: I miss when Shawn was single

username; @haileybaldwin come get ur mans

username: This is so cute😭😭😭

username: who woulda known they're so happy together now im crying

username: AWW

username: I'm shook

username: I hate her even more now than I did then

lolalola: AWWWW OMG THIS SEEMS LIKE SO LONG AGO

username: Is lola a fangirl too😂

username: :(((((

username: before kelsey was like just as famous as Shawn lol

username: I ship shailey!!!!

username: ❤️❤️❤️❤️

username: aw

username: THE FEELS

username: no.

username: YES

username: 😭😭 this is goals

shawnmendes: I love you❤️

username: ABCKZIJZVS

username: This is too cheesy I love it

username: I WANT A BF LIKE SHAWN

username: mom and dad

+++

A/N: 9k is crazy to me... THANK YOU.
do you like the new cover?? i have two different ones I'm deciding between but let me know 💛