Chapter Twenty Eight

"Guess?" Cameron repeated in a flat tone.

Eli pulled the covers up to his chin and nodded. He was putting off the inevitable, but he wanted to wake up before he had to talk about everything.

"Okay then" Cameron moved the covers away and rolled on top of him.

Eli drew in a sharp breath as his naked body pressed down. "How is this guessing?"

Cameron smirked and kissed the corner of his mouth, and from there pressed his nose against his neck and inhaled. "I can smell that ugly guy from before"

"He's not ugly" Eli breathed out, moved to amusement but not able to summon up any more of a response. He repressed the confusion that sprung up, and kept it light hearted. "Anything else?"

"I know you were around the man who gave you that old book." Cameron ran his fingers his hair, bringing the strands close to his nose. Eli got a close up of his jaw line, and used the opportunity to admire the long curve of his neck. He ran his fingers over his shoulders, exploring the different bumps and curves. "Are you trying to distract me?"

"No" Eli kissed his chest. "But if I was..." He felt his sides, brushing over his abs, and then teasing down the v shape of his hips. "is it working?"

"Yes" Cameron grumbled, still nuzzling his hair.

"Anything else?"

"Fear" Cameron answered.

Eli flicked his eyes up. He looked serious, and concerned. Eli's own desire to tease him dried up. "Is Alex like you?"

"He's human." Cameron answered definitively. "What happened?"

"A ring of silver appeared around his iris"

Cameron thought on it for a few moments, but shook his head. "I don't know. I've never heard of anything like that. I'll ask Shane about it later." He sighed when Eli screwed up his nose. "I'm so sorry about how that went. I'm sorry you got hurt, and I'm furious with how everyone treated you."

"It was only slightly terrifying. You were cute though, so it was kind of worth it."

Cameron raised an eyebrow.

"Fine. It was just terrifying."

There was a knock at the door. Cameron rolled onto his back, resting his arm behind his head. "It's Jenny."

Eli got to take in his lounging body before the door opened. Cameron smiled at her. "Morning."

Jenny pulled a disapproving mom pose. She had two hands on her hips and a stern expression directed at Eli. "Morning" He mirrored Cameron's tone, and pulled the covers up to his chin.

"Don't 'morning' me" Jenny's sternness didn't waver. "When did you come in?"

"Last night" Cameron answered.

Jenny shook her head. "Come down for breakfast. Both of you."

The door swung shut with a thud.

"I'm growing on her."

Eli slid out of the bed. "I hope so." He snagged his hoodie from the chair, and heard Cameron whine. "What?" he looked back to him. He was still lounging, but had a displeased air to him.

"Don't wear that." Cameron leaned over to the edge of the bed, "You'll smell like Noah."

Eli turned over the material, realising it was one of the ones he'd stolen from him. He tossed it aside, and dug another one from his dresser. "Better?"