Chapter 2: A Deal With a Demon

"Orianna?" Caitlyn said confusingly. She had first been mad that Jhin had returned, but the mention of the champion's name interested her. Quickly as before though, her face fell solemn."Why would someone like you want to know?"

"I have interest in her," Jhin said, not having to lie at all.

"Only a madman would think that," Caitlyn muttered dismissively as she sorted through stacks of files on her desk. Jhin only smiled at her remarked, trying to hold in a laugh.

"But have you heard anything of her whereabouts?" He asked, more kindly. Caitlyn sighed as she turned her chair back to him, glaring.

"If it gets you out of my hair, I'll tell you."

"Fine," said Jhin.

"That means I will not get more complaints from you in the future," she said, glaring harder at him.

"Alright," he said impatiently.

Caitlyn paused for a moment, then said,"Now I don't know much but-"

"Your such help," he remarked sarcastically, rolling his eyes. Caitlyn just took a deep breath.

"But," she continued,"I do know that I've seen her outside the graveyards a few days ago. Vi got scared one time when she was out patrolling one night, and I don't blame her. Orianna can be... unnerving sometimes." Jhin could see dark clouds of terror starting to form in Caitlyn's eyes at the thought of Orianna. She shook her head."Does that help?"

"Very much, thank you," he said, checking his watch. Afternoon was just starting to crawl in, meaning lunch was next on his schedule.

"Ahem," Caitlyn coughed, snapping Jhin out of his thought about food."You may leave now if that's it." Jhin only nodded, turning around one more and heading out the door.

There were a few things that intrigued Jhin about Piltover. One of them being their cuisine. There were so many different restaurants with different varieties of food, which pleased his taste buds. Happy he had some place to look for Orianna, he decided to go to his so far favorite restaurant, Food Essence. It was a more futuristic looking restaurant, but very popular, and for a good reason. They make unique dishes, and will even take requests from customers. Plus the service is usually very quick.

He opened the door to the lavish restaurant, only to find a big group of people crowding around the counter. Waiters were trying to control the noise of the crowd, as they each seemed to be wanting to go after something. Out of the corner of his eye, Jhin saw the notorious Jayce, sitting at a table and waving to the crowd, with a group of people with him as well. Jhin only frowned, frustrated that his lunch had to be delayed for a famous engineer. Thankfully, a waiter noticed him and walked him over to a table, then quickly ran back to calm the crowd.

Even as Jhin drank and ate a few minutes later, he couldn't help but overhear the conversation at Jayce's table, which was unbearably loud.

"And that's how I got the inspiration for my hammer," he said, his smile glowing at the eager citizens who listened intently.

"What about the time you beat up Viktor?" A teenage girl squealed, grasping her hands together. Jhin saw Jayce's face darken, but then instantly light up.

"Oh Viktor? That bastard stole my crystal then went and used it for his own evil plans. To make a long story short, I went in and bashed everything, destroying the crystal." There was a small applause and Jayce grinned in the praise. Jhin snorted at the story, chuckling softly at its pettiness. There fight had been a big deal, yes, but he was missing so many components, even more than Jhin knew.

"Do you have something wrong with his story?" A young, sickly looking man said, glaring at Jhin from Jayce's table. Suddenly everyone at that table looked at him.

LoL Jhin Fanfiction 2 (Piltover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara