Chapter 3: Shopping

"Where is she?" Jhin thought to himself impatiently as he looked at the many Piltovians and Zaunians passing him. The morning breeze swept through his hair, smelling of raindrops and dew. He and Orianna had made an agreement to meet at the Bridgewaltz in the morning, as she had claimed she knew certain people who might be able to help. Jhin himself hadn't been particularly lucky at the Bridgewaltz, but he decided he might as well try and follow Orianna's lead. It was the best he had anyways.

Suddenly in the distance, Jhin could see the metallic figure of Orianna walking, but walking very differently. She wasn't really walking at all, but skipping gaily and smiling at the people she past. Some gave her confused glances, while most back away, or pretended they weren't in the presence of the wannabe human.. Impressed with her natural-like composure, Jhin folded his arms knowingly.

"Good morning Orianna," he said, pronouncing her name in an exaggerated chatter.

"Good morning Jhin," she said sweetly, lifting herself onto her tiptoes for a moment. In his eyes, her sweetness was turning bitter, as Jhin did not want to spend his day with someone acting similar to a child. He had a little respect for Orianna, but not when she was behaving like this. He covered his annoyance though with a tight smile, and thankfully her features seemed to soften.

"So," he finally said."Where do we start?" Her face suddenly became panicked, as if she had forgotten the whole reason why she was here. Once again, confidence seemed to find her.

"Oh yes," she said, taking a look around the BridgeWaltz."This place is good." She pointed her finger at a colorful stall to their left, which had extravagant looking gears and gizmos, and signs which read: Pirelli's Miraculous Gadgets. Jhin could tell already by the look of the man at the booth and the stall itself, that it wasn't a very trustworthy place. Everything screamed 'con' at him, but nonetheless, he trusted Orianna.

"Hello good sir!" the man at the stall said, jumping up from his seat. He had a black pencil mustache and a velvet cloak, which sagged unnaturally on him. The man bowed at Orianna and shot her a concerning smile.

"Come to buy one of Pirelli's miraculous Gadgets? I promise that we can provide you with a hextech invention that will surely fit your cleaning needs!" Jhin eyed the inventions on display. Some were vacuum cleaners, others were cleaning solutions, while a there were a few decorated sets of tableware.

"Are you sure this place will help me upgrade my gun?" Jhin whispered to Orianna who seemed curious about the colorful items. She only nodded, continuing to stare.

"Looking for anything particular?" The extravagant man said, looking at Jhin and Orianna.

"Er, yes," Jhin said, taking a step forward."Do you have any separate components that could be used in crafting other hextech items? Or do you have any hextech gun powder?" He knew that he wasn't going to find anything that was built already that he could use, as this man was only selling cleaning supplies. He doubted why even asking about the gunpowder.

"All our separate components only link with the gadgets we sell here," the man said, somewhat sadly."So if you need to replace a battery on our one of a kind hextech dust removers-" he motioned towards a long pipe structure on the table."Then you've come to the right place. Anything else though, we don't have. Including that gunpowder." Jhin sighed and looked at Orianna who pursed her robotic lips.

She looked around nervously, but then said,"We'll have a few packs of those batteries." The man suddenly perked up, then reached under the table into a large wooden box. Packages and packages of different types of batteries shown through, as if that was the only thing he sold.

"The strongest ones you have," she added. Soon enough, the man put three packages of batteries on the table.

"Here you go!" he smiled. Jhin took the packages and stuffed them quickly in his pocket. He was about to leave when the man coughed loudly and Orianna painfully tugged on his sleeve. The man held out his hand, and Jhin realized he forgot about the payment. He sighed and handed the man 180 gold, not exactly happy with his payment.