Chapter 6: A Deal With a Devil

A giant spark flew up in the air, illuminating the room they were in. When it faded, Jhin uncovered his eyes, and Viktor, the Machine Herald, was standing before him. He was tall and bulky, hovering over Jhin like a shadow. His third hand on his shoulder twitched and kept repositioning itself, as if it were trying to look at him. Those beaming yellow eyes stared hotly at Jhin, observing the man that lay before him.

Jhin was speechless to say the less. This man, this thing, commanded so much power by just standing there. He was rarely intimidated, but Viktor seemed to cast fear into him.

"Viktor..." he whispered, averting his eyes from his gaze.

"Ah, you recognize me," he smiled, or at least seemed to. His voice and accent sounded strange when saying words in a cheerful manner. He turned around, walking back toward the sparks and welding sounds that lay behind a curtain. Jhin slowly followed him, careful of all the wires and hunks of metal that seemed to hang from the ceiling.

"Jinx," Viktor called, and the skinny girl to Jhin's left awoke from her sleep. Her eyes fell on Jhin, and she smiled wickedly.

"Hiya Jhin~" she cooed sourly. His face went to instant disgust as he continued to follow Viktor."Yes, Vicky?" Jinx replied, as childish as ever.

There was a small silence, then,"Why don't you go make us some tea?" Her face suddenly dropped, then rose again, but she didn't argue. She merely skipped and mummed a cheerful tune as she made her way to the back, leaving Jhin and Viktor alone.

"Kids," Viktor sighed, shaking his head. Jhin looked at him with surprise at his calmness, as if they were old friends."Although the pet names aren't all that bad," he added, walking over to a small table. He took a seat and beckoned Jhin to sit with him. They stared at each other some more, both observing the other.

"She was quick, wasn't she?" Viktor said proudly. It took Jhin a second, but then he remembered the battle at the theater. Jinx was known for being quick and slippery on her own, but when he thought about it, she did seem faster.

"Very," Jhin breathed, folding his arms. Silence once again fell between them, their words held tightly in their mouth.

"Nice place," Jhin said, looking at the millions of wires and cords that hung off of metal pieces in the workshop. Sparks flew as the lights struggled to keep glowing.

"Thank you," Viktor replied. It really seemed like he was thankful. There was a loud crash from the other end of the room and a fit of laughter. Viktor sighed again and continued to listen. Jinx suddenly came sprinting out from the corner, holding a tray with two misshapen cups and an odd teapot. She set it down on the table in front of them with exaggerated motions, and bowed facetiously.

"Your tea," she said, taking on a fake British accent.

"Thank you..." Viktor said unsurely taking one of the cups. Jhin did the same and took a small sip of the scalding liquid. It tasted like the cup itself, metallic and old, but the water itself was soothing and it had a nice peppermint flavor. Jinx scurred off again, seeming to be interested in something else. Once again, the silence fell between them as Jhin slowly drank his tea.

"So you've taken interest in Orianna?" Viktor said, catching Jhin off guard. He wasn't too sure what to say.

"More or less. She's an interesting one, and not as tough as she seems, poor girl," he said, taking a longer sip. Viktor only nodded, eyeing his cup. Silence clung to their awkward conversation, and Jhin couldn't pretend any longer.

"Viktor," he said, putting down his teacup. He looked at him with curious eyes, contrasting with his overall threatening look."Why am I here?"

He only sighed and continued to stare at Jhin.

LoL Jhin Fanfiction 2 (Piltover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें