A Little Pep Talk

Reo and Noi attend school like normal school days, and they see Caty practicing her cheerleading.

[Noi] Sorry. I couldn't get them to stay.

[Reo] It's fine. I'm sure your words yesterday got to her.

[Noi] You heard that?!

[Reo] Yeah. I didn't actually leave. C'mon. Class is starting.

Reo and Noi make their way to class without any pranks to speak of. But, Noi being Noi, she had to do something. She quickly ran up to Ms. Mayflower's chair and placed some melted chocolate down. Ms. Mayflower never checks her seat, no matter how many times Noi pranks her, so this was an obvious result.

[Ms. Mayflower] Good morning class. I hope you all had a good weekend.

She said as she sat down in her chair. Noi was holding in her laughter to the best of her abilities, and soon stopped. But as soon as Ms. Mayflower turned around to write on the whiteboard, a large brown stain of chocolate was there, making her burst into laughter.

[Ms. Mayflower] What is so funny?

She was oblivious to what was so funny, as the whole class was laughing too. Ms. Mayflower decided it must've been nothing important, so she just ignored them and continued with the lessons.

Later, lunch break came, and Noi left to be with her friends, leaving Reo alone like usual. He sat down in the courtyard, and was encountered by Caty.

[Caty] Hey nerd. Still got that dog shoulder pad?

She mocked him.

[Reo] Yeah. I do. Got a problem with that?

[Caty] I don't get you. You're a criminal on parole, and you still want to be a hero? I don't know if you think you're a hero, or flat out stupid.

[Reo] At least I didn't quit half way.

[Caty] Hey! I want nothing to do with this! You and me, we're not heroes. The world hates us. What's the point of saving it?

[Reo] You're right. The world is against us. But even so, I...I want to start over. If I can save at least one life, I'll be happy. If I can start over...turn over a new leaf...this Power Ranger thing might be worth a shot.

Caty said nothing to this, and was called over by her friends.

[Caty] Ugh... You really know how to get on a girl's nerves. I'm done with you.

She said, finally, and walked off. Reo shrugged, and reached into his lunch bag to eat his sandwich. It had a note on it.

[Note] Don't forget about the cookies! ;D. Love, Big sister!

Reo groaned, and bit into the sandwich, tossing out the note.

As soon as school was over, Reo saw Jagger with his gang.

[Thug 1] Listen boss! We can't keep up with this "respect girls" stuff! We're losing our rep!

[Thug 2] Yeah! We're, like, the least respected gang in the district! It's either get big, or go home! And we're gettin' big! With, or without ya!

The gang left, leaving Jagger there with his lead pipe.

[Reo] Having problems?

[Jagger] Why do you care?

[Reo] I don't. I just so happen to be passing by.

[Jagger] Ya got a real smart mouth, ya know that?!

[Reo] I get that a lot.

[Jagger] What? Just cause yer red, means yer the boss of me? Is that it?