Date with the Devil [Marvel/Originals]

#45 "I think I made a mistake."

Summary: Darcy gets wooed by a devil in disguise.

Tags: Humor, Fluff

. .

. .

It's a slow day in the labs when Darcy decides to head on up to the Common Room. Jane was dozing in front of her computers after some lunch had been shoved down her throat and Darcy just wanted to laze about since all her work appeared to be done. So with her schedule practically empty for the rest of the day, Darcy makes herself comfortable on the cushiest couch across from the mounted flat screen TV before putting on some Holiday themed movies since it is the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

'The Family Stone' is a little over halfway through and Darcy's dabbing at the corner of her eyes when her time is interrupted. The elevator dings and Darcy barely glances over her shoulder to see who has arrived. But upon seeing Natasha and Clint step off onto the floor, Darcy has to do a double take because the two of them are carrying vases of white lilies in each arm.

Darcy wetly laughs and pauses her movie. "Pretty. What's the occasion?"

"You tell us," Clint smirks. "They're for you."

"..what?"

"And there's plenty more," Natasha says. "Steve and Bucky took six more vases to your apartment because they were taking up space at the front desk."

"Sweet baby Jesus," Darcy sighs. "Gimme." She reaches for the vase that has a card attached and Natasha easily hands it over while she and Clint place the others on the coffee table. Immediately, Darcy knows who they're from if the wax seal with the familiar 'M' crest is anything to go by.

"Who even uses wax seals anymore?" Clint scoffs.

"People who come from very old money," Darcy mumbles distractedly. Upon opening the card, she can't help but smile at the words inside. Just Because.

"Secret admirer?" Natasha wonders, having read over Darcy's shoulder.

And Darcy shrugs. "Not sure. He and his family were.. nice. I might have flirted."

"Which means you totally did," Clint chuckles. "Who's the smitten fool?"

Darcy puts the card away and tucks it into her back jeans' pocket when she stands. "He's none of your business. He's just.. being friendly."

"Sure," Clint drawls. "Whatever. Keep your secrets. We'll meet him soon enough."

Darcy doesn't bother to correct him, she rearranging the four vases of lilies around the Common Room since she'll have more than enough flowers to decorate her apartment with later.

.xXx.

The second gift comes when Darcy and Jane are taking a break in the labs. Natasha practically glides into the lab, smug as can be, and sets down a dark brown box with gold designs along the edges. Both Darcy and Jane merely quirk eyebrows at the redhead, and said woman taps the box with a perfectly manicured nail.

"These came from Amsterdam. Puccini Bomboni does not deliver, yet Darcy here has received a box full of the world's best chocolate." Jane gasps and Darcy starts to redden at Natasha's knowing gaze. When she glances where Natasha's nail is still tapping the box, she sees the 'M' stamped in the corner and has to fight off a smile of her own. "Your boy apparently likes to travel and has enough sway to pull off having these delivered to you."