The Major's Mate [Twilight/TO]

#65 "Don't die on me. Please."

Summary: New to Forks, Celeste quickly finds out she's not the only vampire in town. The Cold Ones don't know what to think of her, but they find her in their home more often than not and that her species of vampire is a lot more vulnerable than their own.

Tags: Crossover, Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, TVD, TO, Original Female Character, Nina Dobrev as Celeste

. .

. .

Forks, Washington was the most dreariest of places Celeste has moved to, but it was also the one that she fell in love with and could see herself settling down in for quite some time. It was constantly cold and wet, and on the off chance that the sun came out it was never too hot. But since she was a vampire, the weather hardly fazed her.

She had bought herself a decent home and enrolled herself as a Junior in high school. She compelled the local authorities and other people in positions of power to not question the lack of parental figures in her life, and put the idea in their heads that she was an emancipated young lady getting a monthly stipend from a wealthy Uncle that was constantly travelling. And since she had transferred midweek, she gave herself a long weekend before throwing herself back into the cesspool of teenage drama and hormones for the umpteenth time.

So pulling up in a brand new white jeep wrangler with a black roof and black rims, Celeste is not so surprised when every student in the parking lot stares. Nearly every vehicle in the student parking lot are either old or dulling in color, so of course the new student and shiny car would draw attention.

Celeste then parks and cuts the engine. She grabs her backpack from the passenger seat and stows her keys in one of the zippered pockets before stepping out of her vehicle. She shoulders the strap of her bag, flipping her hair over her shoulder and practically saunters towards the main building. She can feel every gaze on her and she doesn't bother hiding her smile.

Classes are dull, she knowing the material like the back of her hand. The student population are nosy, some of the braver ones introducing themselves and asking about her life, while others watched from afar and whispered their curiosity. But she's not the only one they're curious about. They also curious about a family of adopted children that they've been going to school with the past year- the Cullen's. And when Celeste gets curious enough to finally check the family out for herself, she realizes why.

The Cullen's are not normal. Their pale skin wouldn't have tipped her off before, but since her own vision is enhanced she can see what the others don't. They're absolutely flawless, with the exception of Jasper Hale, but his scars only add to his beauty. And it's their eyes that are the big tip off anyway. No one has yellow/gold eyes. No one, unless they were a werewolf, but the Cullen's don't smell of the canine variety. They don't eat, they keep only to themselves, and they talk way too low and way too fast to be anything but normal. But since Celeste is not normal herself, she doesn't care what secrets they're hiding so long as they don't jeopardize her place in Forks.

Sometimes, when she's talking to the other students and mentally threatening them when they get on her nerves, she has a feeling Edward Cullen knows exactly what she's thinking. He'll stare at her in mild horror or his lips will twitch in amusement. But after the first few weeks, the Cullen's are put to the back of her mind as she continues on playing human.

 But after the first few weeks, the Cullen's are put to the back of her mind as she continues on playing human