Puppy Adoption [Marvel]

#154 " Where did all these puppies come from?"

Summary: Puppies. Lots of fluffy puppies.

Tags: Puppies. Duh!

. .

. .

The first one to find out about Darcy's secret is Bucky. She hadn't even had the box of pups in the building for three minutes when he caught her, he having been waiting for the elevator to open on their floor as Darcy was heading to her apartment.

The doors swished open, Bucky blankly stared at Darcy until the too big box in her hands wiggled which resulted in her nearly dropping it. Cold blue eyes darted down to the box, an eyebrow raised in question when the puppy canine whimpers resonated from within and Darcy chuckled nervously. "Not a word and you'll get unlimited visitation rights."

Bucky remained quiet as he reached out with his flesh hand and lifted the lid. His lips twitched into the faintest of smiles. "On your way, Lewis," he had said as he stepped out her way. "I'll be by your place after lunch."

Darcy sighed and nodded, and hurried out of the elevator to her apartment down the hall.

.xXx.

The second to find out had been Steve (being Darcy's boyfriend did have it's perks) and the third had been Natasha. Because while most of the Tower's occupants were willing to take Steve's word on Bucky's stability, Natasha wasn't. At least not yet.

So when Bucky would stray from Steve's side, Natasha would follow. Most of the time he'd be in the Common Room or the gym, but he had finally stumped Natasha when he would disappear inside Darcy's apartment. At first he'd knock and wait for the door to be opened, but as time went on Natasha found that Bucky made himself comfortable and would just enter Darcy's personal space without a single knock.

Darcy's startled yelp and glass shattering one day is what sends Natasha barging into the apartment, a glock in hand and ready for a fight. But she quickly comes to stop, only to stare down in surprise at the sight of the Winter Soldier starfished on the floor with six Corgi puppies crawling all over him.

"Bad puppy," Darcy had then scolded from the kitchen, a chastised looking puppy being held to her chest. "You know better than to run between my feet."

"Lewis?" Natasha then called out, holstering her weapon. "Where did all these puppies come from?"

"Foster puppy mom," Bucky answered. "Now grab a Corgi and sit. They're little fluff balls of love and great stress relievers."

.xXx.

The next to find out about the puppies are Jane and Pepper. Jane had called an emergency girl's night because Thor had finally decided to take up his duties on Asgard, and he and the Astrophysicist just couldn't work things out like they had hoped. So Jane and Pepper met up outside of Darcy's apartment to which JARVIS let them in, and that was how they found Darcy, Bucky and Natasha being overrun by puppies.

Jane cooed and set down her bottle of wine, not even bothering to question why Barnes was there on a scheduled girl's night, she scooping up a rather rambunctious puppy and plopping herself down on the floor to play with him. Pepper took in the chaos, sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose for several long seconds, and then took out her phone to quickly type up something. Then pocketing her phone, she stepped further into the room where Natasha handed her a little female puppy.