The Mistress of Death [HP/Originals]

#46 "Shut up, I am a delight!"

Summary: Rebekah is on the run with baby Hope while her family works to take care of the threat towards the baby back in America. She then runs into Iris in the park who has her own baby with her. One thing leads to another and the two become allies.

Tags: Female Harry Potter, Katie McGrath as Iris Potter, Kid!fic

. .

. .

Iris is enjoying the day at the park with her nearly one year old son, happily laying on a blanket in the grass while her son plays with wooden blocks right next to her. The sun glares down on them, but with the gentle breeze and a few charms placed to prevent baby Corvus from burning... it's absolutely perfect.

The park is nearly empty, with the exception of another mother and daughter over by the swings, so it doesn't escape Iris' attention when something seems off. The park goes eerily quiet, the sound of traffic and passersby completely vanishing. Iris sits up and glances around the park, and she's immediately on alert when she notices numerous darkly clothed individuals surrounding the park. However, they're not focused on her or her son; they're focused on the blonde woman whose finally taken noticed that something is wrong.

Her hand itches to grab her wand, but the threat isn't directed at her or Corvus. Now that she's a mother she usually tends to not go running into drama that does not involve her, but the second the blonde woman grasps at her head with a heart stopping scream and the darkly clothed individuals start closing in, her mind is made up. Quickly standing to her feet, Iris' wand appears in her hand with just a thought of it. She steps off the blanket, and thanking every deity she can that her son is easily amused by his blocks, she points her wand at the blanket and with a muttered incantation a shield makes a dome over the entirety of the blanket before disappearing from view.

"Alright, love. Mum will be back before you know it." Baby Corvus babbles in response and Iris smiles before giving her attention back where it needs to be.

Turning around, Iris waves her wand in a large arch and erects her own muggle repelling shield. The witches- she presumes, though different than her own kind- are too close to the still screaming woman and now crying baby. "Avis," she says and when there are enough conjured birds circling over her, she points her wand forward. "Oppugno."

The birds attack those Iris had mentally targeted and she easily strides towards the blonde woman and her child. The woman moves to gather up the baby and quiet her cries when she notices Iris' approach. She tenses and hisses, but Iris merely quirks an eyebrow at the transformation the woman's face has now taken on. "I am not your enemy, vampire. They attacked you and put your child in harm. I couldn't stand by and do nothing."

The dark veins beneath the woman's eyes vanish as she stares curiously at Iris and Iris merely smiles in response before giving the other individuals her attention once more. With a flick of her wrist, the birds disappear and every gaze is now on her.

"I do not know who you are, nor do I care to find out. All I know is that you will leave. Now."

"That child is the spawn of evil incarnate," someone bristles. "She must be dealt with."

"That child has a name," the blonde snarls. "And she is not evil!"

"Says the Original whore," someone else spits.

"Enough!" Iris bellows. "You have one minute to get out my sight before I start casting curses that not even your nature magic can heal before you expire."