A new day.

Usually, I have the same dream... It's sunny and warm and I'm a little kid again. Mom, dad, and Loki are there. And they look happy and healthy they're smiling and laughing about something. But I don't know what... Their words are blurred. But I don't care because I can see them and I'm happy. And before I know it the sun sets and they're gone... It's cold... And next thing I know I'm trapped in the snow, alone, and in the middle of nowhere. I used to wander around in a panic. Yelling and pleading for someone to find me... but now I know no one will and I just give up and lay there in the snow and stare at the Moon with that stupid grin on its face. And say " what is there to be so happy about?"...
*knock knock* I pop my head out from underneath the covers and panicked for a moment forgetting where I was but the events from the day prior quickly flood back to me. *knock knock knock* " Shylow are you awake?" I hear a voice call from the other side of the door.
"Umm yes, who's there?" " it's Maka." She said happily as she opened the door. I sat up and rubbed my face in the collar of my shirt as Maka greeted me."Good morning, how'd you sleep?!" She asked beaming with positivity. "U-umm...Good morning I slept f-fine, thanks for a-asking." I said still a little groggy. "Ok so I was thinking since it's a Saturday we could show you around!, That way it's not so crowded!" She said still beaming. "We?" "Yeah, me, Soul, and Crona asked if he could tag along." She replied... I nodded in approval and stood up to stretch but was greeted with a sharp pain in my spine that sent me straight to the floor."OW! RAGNARÖK, RAGGY!WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?!" I yelled "WE WARNED YOU THAT WE WEREN'T READY TO GET UP! BUT DID YOU LISTEN!? NO!!"Ragnarök yelled in my face. We continued to argue for a few moments. Before we remembered Maka was there and stopped. Maka stepped out to say hello to Crona while I got ready. I put on my usual homemade clothing and stepped out into the Hall where Maka and Crona we're waiting. "Umm... Good m-morning." Crona said with a nervous smile. "morning..." I mumbled softly still slightly confused with my surroundings. "Uh, can we go outside now?!" I said anxiously wanting to get out of that dark hallway. For normally when I woke up from the usual nightmare I would open my window and walk out onto the balcony... And just feel the Sun on my skin and try and shake off the cold feeling and get on with my day. But I could tell today was definitely going to be a lot different. I followed them around in awe at how big and beautiful everything was. Of course, I was less enthusiastic about the Heat but it wasn't too bad. They showed me around the academy first. They showed me the classrooms, Mission board, how to navigate the hallways, the roof, told me where I was was not allowed to go, and what just might be my favorite part was the library... There were tons of books there that I had never even seen before.
I was happy to be there. But something felt wrong... Like something bad was going to happen soon. Of course, I've always had that sense of dread in the back of my mind. But if there's one thing I did inherit from my mother it would be the ability to know when I'm being watched! And it didn't feel good! But I hadn't had the chance to use it enough to know which direction the stare was coming from... I felt my blood solidify they felt it too...
"Od ew dluohs tahw?!"(what should we do?!) Raggy whispered to me. "Wonk tnod I!"(I don't know!) I whispered back starting to panic a little. We looked to the side and let out a collective sigh of relief as we realized it was just crona staring at my worried expression. "Ha ha mrala eslaf..." (False alarm) I said to myself. "Umm... Shylow are you alright?" Crona asked clearly questioning my mental state at the moment. "Who me?! Oh, I'm fine never better actually! How are you?" I said proud of myself for not stuttering like a fool.
"Oh I'm f-fine" he said nervously. "Umm... S-Shylow?... Nevermind!" He stuttered clearly still questioning whether or not I could be trusted. "I don't m-mind answering questions. If that's w-what you're worried about?" I said reassuringly. "R-really? I don't want you to get upset with me..." Crona said quickly. "I promise I won't... I believe I have lots of explaining to do on my parents behalf anyway. And I feel you have the right to ask me a few questions to." I said as I began to line up possible questions they might ask me and the answers to those questions in my head. "Ok...speaking of y-your parents..." 'Oh no! Please don't be one of those people who ask too many gory details!' I thought to myself. "Were they nice?" Crona asked. "Yes, they were the nicest people I knew... So was my older brother. *sigh* But their gone so there is no real point in talking about that right now."....... "Oh look there's MMM-MAKA! Sorry still matching names and faces." I said breaking the silence. It was only for a second but I thought I saw crona grin and chuckle slightly. And that made my day that small smile made me realize maybe my presents I as depressing as I had thought. So I smiled.

~ meanwhile somewhere far away~
The witch Macob sat in her home frustrated at yet another failed attempt at finding a power source she had created a long time ago out of anger. "How does a soul like that just disappear?! Not to mention the blood was supposed to amplify that wavelength so they would be easier to find!" She said through gritted teeth. "Winter thought she was so much better then me taking the side of the academy and the people who killed our mother... I cursed the Melancholy's child, I cursed their name. In the hopes that I could use that child as a weapon and if they didn't cooperate I would just have killed the brat and taken the power for myself. But my sister chose to reform and take all that away! *Sigh* no matter... You can't hide forever... Melancholy." He said thinking about all the nasty, wicked things she would do with all the power she would gain. And what kind of person the child had become.

~End of part 5~