Chapter 9: Milo

I waited on my balcony until I heard her enter her room. Entering my own room, I hit the side of my beat up stereo and music filled the room. Without skipping a beat, I ran up the circular staircase in the left corner of my room, but before I made it to my personal library, I jumped of the steps. Then I was free falling. Or at least until I hit the net. I rolled onto my back at stared at my ceiling. I had this ceiling hammock added simply for the fun of it. As the beat of the music picked up, I thought back to my second meet cute with that girl. Diana. Something about her struck me, in the best way possible. Her long, dark hair. Curious blue eyes. She made me feel... I don't know. I was just being crazy. Again. 

I rolled over to the steps and pulled myself out of my cocoon net. I looked around for something to do, anything. I looked down to where my ukulele laid on my unmade bed. I didn't feel like playing. Running the rest of the way up the steps, I looked around my smaller personal library. I choose this room for many reasons, one being that it had a tower. Which I then converted into a library, full of classics and personal favorites. Still, I didn't feel like reading either. I glanced over toward the left, deciding what I wanted to do. Walking quickly, I reached up and grabbed hold of a red book, pulling it down. The shelf swung open and revealed the rooftop. I had this put in secretly, as a birthday gift to myself, after I read about secret bookshelves. But I didn't want a hidden room, we had plenty of those. I wanted a secret garden (which was something I read about too). I stepped outside, closing the door behind me. I always had the key hanging around my neck. Walking through the tall ivy arch ways, walking around the calming pool, towards the gazebo. It was covered in beautiful blossoms of all colors. 

I had this gazebo specially made for my garden. It had a glass ceiling, so I could look up at the sky, or safely watch the rain. But I still felt restricted. Though they were hidden by my wild garden, the walls were still there. Feeling caged, I picked up my speed, until I was running past the gazebo and running past the roses, the ironically garden grown wild flowers. Finally, I made it across the entire castle rooftop. Then I turned and ran all the way back. Weaving my way expertly through the maze of plants, back to my tower. Exhausted,  but still uneasy, I went to a hidden ladder and climber onto my tower's roof. Above the walls, stories off the ground, I fearlessly walked around the  circular roof until I could see the outside city. The lights sparkled as brightly as the stars. Sitting there, the tiles rough under my hands, I looked out over my sister's city. It was impossible to tell where the city needed and where the stars began. 

I leaned back and imagined what it would be like  to be enveloped by the stars.  

And for that one moment, I was.