15.

/Jack/

"And that class is how you do an algebraic expression for those who needed reminded." said my teacher Mr. Brawl scribbling an assignment number on the board. I quickly scribbled the page number into my notebook.

I had two math classes this semester. It is absolutely dreadful, and it doesn't help that i'm that particularly good at math. Atleast i know how to do an algebraic expression, some poor kid in my class had to ask the teacher even though this is stuff that was learnt in middle school. I cant blame them though, everyone learns differently.

I started working on my assignment and thankfully the bell rang a few moments later, signaling the end of the period. Thankfully, this was my last class of the day.

"Alright class, remember your homework, and have a great Christmas break." said my teacher dismissing us with smile.

I grabbed my things from my desk and hastily jumped out of my seat. I was beyond ecstatic, but also nervous. In just six hours i would be meeting Finn. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face as i left the classroom with a small bounce in my step.

I stolled up to my locker to find Sophia already leaning against it.

"Jack are you ready?" She said, a grin booming against her face.

"Not really." I said scratching the back of my neck and looking down at my feet.

"What?" she said, confusion filling her voice, "Why not are you not excited anymore or something?"

"No!" i replied, "Of course i'm excited."

"What is it then?" She questioned.

"I told you earlier." I said getting quieter as I said each word. She looked at me confused, before her face lit up in understanding.

"You're still caught up about that?"

I shook my head yes, keeping my head faced down at my feet.

"Jack" she said, placing her hands on my shoulder. "Look at me" she said sofly.

I kept my face down. Not because i was being stubborn, but because i was embarressed. I shouldn't be worried but I am and she probably thinks im acting like a baby.

"JACK I SWEAR TO GOD LOOK AT ME BEFORE I HIT YOU!" she yelled, catching the attention of some people in the hallway. I snapped my head up to look at her, my cheeks heating up as i saw the gaze of some people looking our way.

"Jesus Sophia no need for threats" I mumbled. The people turned their heads back to whatever they were doing before and i was relieved.

"Jack, like i said earlier," she started, "he is going to love you. And if he doesn't well, then he just wasn't worth your time anyways. Plus, he's get a stern talking to from me, if you know what i mean." I chuckled a bit at that.

"Thanks for making me feel better Sophia" i said pulling her into a hug.

"You're welcome loser" she said with a slight laugh, ruffling my hair.

"Race you to the door" she said before sprinting off down the hallway.

"Hey, not fair, you cheated" I called, shutting my locker and running after her.

-

As I walked up my front porch steps to go inside i noticed a little note taped onto the door. I pulled it off the door and read the words that were scribbled on the page.

'Hey sweetie,
emergency at work, won't be home till late so i might not be able to take you tonight, call up a friend or something.

Blue Moon  - Fack/FickOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara