23

// Finn //

(Side note the first part of this was written back in July so I know it sounds horrible im so sorry)

"Yeah but it's not to big for your mom."

"Touché" I replied to Jack's comment. He forced me to go the mall with him after we ate breakfast insisting that I let him buy me something for my birthday. I don't want him to feel obligated to have to buy me something just because we're friends. So, of course I have been making up excuses as to why he shouldn't buy me something.

"Finn, would you please just try it on, please" Jack whined making a pout with his lips and pleading eyes. He was trying to look cute, it wasn't very cute, he looked more like he was having an allergic reaction to something. I stared at him for a while, eventually giving in and grabbing the jacket from his hand with a sigh. I could practically hear Jack's excitement as I turned around to face the mirror and slipped the jacket on.

"It looks so good!" he squealed. He wasn't wrong. It looked a lot better on then when he was holding it. It wasn't as big thankfully so it didn't look like I was getting swallowed by cloth when I wore it. It's like one of those houses that look small on the outside but are big on the inside, except the other way around. That's probably a bad example but it's the best I can come up with. I took off the jacket and checked the price tag. "Jack you're not spending fifty bucks on me, hell to the no" I said when I saw that the price tag had a whopping  $49.50 labeled on it.

"It's my money I get to decide what I want to do with it." He replied forcefully grabbing the jacket out of my hand. Before I even got to protest, Jack was walking off towards the cashier leaving me behind to watch him. I started walking, well more like extremely fast speed walking, towards Jack but by the time I got to him he had already made it to the cashier. I let out a huff of annoyance as I watched him hand the cashier the fifty bucks.

"Looks like I win again!" He exclaimed proudly as the cashier handed him the bag with the jacket in it. As soon as we exited the store Jack abruptly turned around and shoved the bag into my hand. "Put it on." he said, a child like excitement filling his voice.

"Jack, we just walked out of the store can I at least wait until we get outside" I asked lowering the bag down to my side

"It's not going to make a difference whether you put in on now or outside"

"Good, then I'll put in on outside" I said turning to walk out of the mall. I heard a huff of annoyance come from Jack before he started to follow me and I couldn't help but smile.

When we made it outside Jack grabbed the bag out of my hand and pulled out the jacket. "You're putting it on now, we're outside." Before I could say anything he begun manually putting the jacket on me before stepping back and examining how I looked. He stared at me for what seemed like a while and I started to worry that something was wrong. "Does it not look okay anymore?" I asked.

"Hm? No it looks great" he said pulling his gaze back to my face. "Well, um what do you want to do now? You get to choose 'cause it is your birthday after all."

"Can we just got back to your house and do something?"

"Yep sounds good."

"You're acting weird are you okay?"

"yeah I'm great, I'll call an Uber now." He said pulling his phone out of his pocket and ending the conversation in it's track. He's been acting weird these past few minutes since we've been out here. I wonder if he's okay. Maybe the cold weather is getting him sick?

"The Uber will be here in 15 minutes"

[ jacks house ]

"Is your mom ever even home?" I asked as we stepped into his house once again with his mother's car vacant from the driveway.

"Not really." He said "She works a lot, being a single mother and all, but she's trying her best to provide for us."

"Yeah I know, it just must suck not to get to spend that much time with her" I said "it must be so lonely to be here all the time by yourself."

"yeah it does." He said plopping his body onto the couch.

"guess I better move in with you then"  I said sitting down next to him.

"what?!" He said jumping up from where he sat and turning to face me.

"Calm down Jack, I'm just joking." I said with a chuckle "I guess someone really doesn't want me here huh?"

"What no, that's-that's not what I meant, I-" He said a blush starting to creep up his neck turning his face a dark shade of red.

"no I get it, you hate me" I said continuing to tease with him.

"Wait what no"

"Guess I'll just pack my stuff and go." I said getting up from the couch and beginning to walk to the stairwell. I made it all the way across the room to the base of the stairwell. Is he actually not going to come after me I though before a pair of arms wrapped around now.

"no please don't leave"

•••
Authors Note:

I am so so so so sorry for making you guys wait this long for an update. I began writing this chapter in July and I'm just now getting around to finishing it which even I hate. I know it sucks ass but I tried, it's just shy of 1,000 words, I was going to try to make it a thousand words but I didn't want it to sound like my words were dragging on so I didn't. Anyways enough rambling, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I love you guys 💕
Published 2/15/19