22.

/ Finn /

"Your total is 27.92" said the cashier that was taking our order. Jack took his wallet out of his pocket and gave the woman the money. "Thank you" the woman said as she took the money from Jacks hand and began counting out the change.

"Youre welcome" he said and as he said that I couldn't help but laugh. "What?" he questioned.

"You just said 'youre welcome' when that girl said thanks for taking your money" I replied

"I was just being polite" he said as he took his change and scouted out a table for us to sit at. " It's not nice to laugh" he said gently slapping my upper arm

"IM WOUNDED!" I yelled throughout the IHop

"Finn!" Jack yelled

"This good sir to my left has performed an act of violen-" I started before Jack slapped his hand of my mouth. I pried his hands off my mouth and just burst out laughing "you should have seen your face" I said inbetween laughs.

"Youre not funny." He said squinting his eyes at me.

"Yes I am" I said

"No"

"Youre just jealous that you're not a comedy genius" I said jokingly turning to head towards a table. He gave up on fighting and we eventually chose a window seat in the far back away from any signs of life.

We sat in silence for a few minutes on our phones until Jack looked up with a big smile on his face. "What are you smiling about?" I questioned looking up from my screen.

"Can I tell them its your birthday?" He said his grin growing impossibly wider and a few giggles slipping past the crack of his mouth.

My eyes widened at the suggestion and without a moments hesitation I yelled out "oh hell no", everyone in the restaurant turned to stare at me, i could feel my cheeks turning red and hid my face in my hands. I could hear Jack laughing from across the table and that just made my face turn even more red, in embarrassment.

"Finn, no one is even looking anymore, you can look up." Jack said throwing a crumbled up straw wrapper at my head. I didn't even realize that the waiter had lied the drinks down at our table.  

"Thanks for that," I said picking up the wrapper and throwing it back at him  before I picked up my own straw and opened it. "So how's school?" I asked putting my straw in my chocolate milk and taking a drink. 

"As fun as school can be I guess" Jack said chuckling. "How about you?" he questioned.

"Same, my friends are good so that's always nice" I started, "so, speaking of my friends, they're having this Christmas party on Christmas eve or tomorrow i guess and the wanted us to come. I know we had a plan to meet them on Wednesday but they wanna do it sooner, if parties aren't your thing we don't have to it's up to you" 

"Yeah, sure sounds fun." he replied very quickly without a moments hesitations. 

"Really?" i questioned, "You really don't have too."

"No seriously it's fine I want to" he insisted

"Whatever you say" I said taking another sip of my drink

------------------------------------------

A/N - Sorry for not posting in a LONG time, I really kind of didn't feel motivated to write, and school has been really hard, and it's getting close to the end so I might as well get posting again, i'm going to try and  post a lot more over the summer as well, but i'm going to be busy over the summer as well, so we'll see how that goes. I also haven't been posting because of that whole thing with Jack being a dumbass and stuff so I kind of stop supporting him, but even with that I have made the decision that I am just going to continue, another part of my other book will be soon, hopefully, if you're reading that book as well.