24.

Jack's POV

I am not sure what part of my body convinced me to do what I did, but before I knew it Finn was trapped in my arms in a hug.

"Jack, I was just kidding ya know?" said his voice, pulling me out of my trance. I quickly released my arms and let them fall to my sides.

"Uh um yeah of course.. I was also just playing along ya know." I said with an awkward chuckle, pulling at my sleeve. I felt heat rising to my cheeks flushing them with a shade of crimson. Oh god I just humiliated myself. Finn probably thinks that I am insane and clingy now, why did I do that? He is going to want nothing to do with me by the end of his stay here, that thought left a pit in my stomach.

Finn cleared his through, snapping my attention back to him. I hadn't realized till now that I was blocking his way, for fucks sake how many times was I going to embarrass myself today.

Finn gave me a confused look and then stepped past me to go sit on the couch. I'm not sure what has gotten into me recently, I keep embarrassing myself and getting all flustered. It must be the weather or something? That seems like the only logical explanation. I shook the thoughts from my head and walked over to the couch to rejoin Finn. I think he noticed that I was feeling awkward about the whole thing because he looked at me with a smirk and said, "you know, you give pretty good hugs. I think I could get used to surprise hug attacks." Then he nudged me in the side with his elbow in an attempt to relieve some tension. I gave a weak laugh but for some reason my cheeks flushed an even deeper shade of crimson. Seriously! What has gotten into me? I think I need to go to the doctor.

"Look, I didn't mean to upset you...I was just trying to joke around and --". I turned to face him, cutting him off mid sentence.

"What! NO!! You haven't upset me at all don't think that please. You could never upset me, I think something just came over me I'm not sure what." At some point during my outburst, my hand had rested upon his shoulder and I found myself quite close to his face. I jumped back, I'm not sure when I leaned in that close to his face and he looked quite taken a back for a few seconds. I thought that I had messed up again, but eventually a wide smile spread across his face and he leaned back into the couch.

"That's right Jacky Jack," he said throwing his arm around me, "of course I didn't upset you, you just can't get enough of me." he said teasingly.

"In your dreams." I retorted with a fake scoff, moving his arm off of me.

"Hmm I guess your right..., I will see you in my dreams tonight then." He replied with a wink.

I felt my face starting to flush again but quickly blurted out, "you know, for someone who claims to be straight, you sure do flirt with me a lot."

He smiled at me and then leaned in close to my face. I felt my entire body tense, I didn't dare to move. He moved to my ear and whispered, "that's because your reactions are always so priceless." I could feel his breath move down my neck and it sent a shiver throughout my body. "and I just like messing with you." he said moving away with a smile on his face.

"I can't stand you." I said, playfully slapping his chest and standing up from the couch.

"For someone who can't stand me, you seem to be standing up just fine."

I pretended to ignore him and walked away when he said, "where are you going?"

"To get your birthday present." I replied without bothering to look back. I was going to get his present, but that was also an excuse. I needed to step away from him for a second and clear my head. My entire body was flushed from our previous exchange and my thoughts are all jumbled. I don't know why but all day he has had this weird affect on me. I must still be nervous about him being here, I mean he hasn't even been here for a full day. Yeah, that must be it.

"What?! But you already got me a present?? You know the very expensive one that I am wearing right now?" Finn called from the couch.

"Yeah, but that was just your warm up present." I called, walking towards the storage closet where I stored his present. "You're basically my best friend, you didn't think I would get you only one present for your birthday did you?"

"I asked you not to get me anything though."

"Too late." I stated, grabbing the wrapped box from the closet. I heard him sigh but continued on with the gift giving anyways. "Don't be so whiny and just appreciate your gifts." I said placing the box on the coffee table in front of him.

"I do appreciate it, but you do not need to do these things for me. I feel bad that you've spent your money on me." He said starting to pull the wrapping paper off the present.

"It's not a problem, I just wanted to do something nice for you." I said while I watched him pull the rest of the wrapping paper off the gift. He picked up the card placed on top first and read it. I always get nervous when people read cards I give them, I'm not sure why but it just makes me uneasy. However, that nervousness began to ease up when I saw the huge grin that he had plastered on his face. He then picked up the main gift and began to inspect it. He had told me back when we first started talking that one of his favorite hobbies was playing the guitar, so i got him a personalized guitar pick and strap.

"Jack.. this is so sweet," he started.

"I know it's not a lot but I really hope that --" he cut me off by pulling me into a giant hug.

"Seriously, this is more than I could have ever asked for." he said, staring into my eyes with the brightest smile spread across his face.

I felt my face starting to flush again and quickly looked away. Seriously, this affect has got to go away soon.

"Well I'm glad you like it" I said nervously, chewing on my bottom lip.

"That's were you're wrong Jacky," he said in a playful tone, leaning into me once more, "I don't like it...I love it!"

I laughed, a smile spread across my face. I was glad he said you loved it and not about to yell at me for getting him the worse gift ever, not that i think he would do that in the first place, but you never know.

"Thank you for giving me the best birthday ever, spending it with you is like a dream come true."

"You're welcome." I smiled. "Now come on, you have candles to blow out and a cake to eat"

Authors Note

Whoop whoop i finally updated!!! I know it's a short one, that's kinda a theme with this story haha.

Also this update is very, very, very delayed. two years delayed. I sincerely apologize for those of you who have been waiting, thank you for being here though.

I know I say this all the time but i do plan on continuing this story because i would really like to finish it even though i'm not apart of this fandom :)

As for the next chapter, i don't have a set day but hopefully within the next week. I am quite busy with school but i will try my best.

That's all! Have a good day (or night)

<3

[published 2/20/21]