Graduation Night

(3rd Person View)

"...."

"BANG!! " The door went. "Get up you sorry slops! Lunch is about to start!" Ymir yelled, busting the boy's cabin open. Armin groaned, "Did we really sleep that far in?" Everyone started to get up with haste, though the air was a little bit cold this morning. Ymir took in the sight she'd been lusting to see. Yet it wouldn't of been if it wasn't for Krista to put her name in the air when volunteering someone to wake the snoozing cabin up. Plus, not many past classes got the opportunity since it's only if a whole cabin sleeps in. "And don't worry, the instructor gave me permission idiots..." She assured before closing the door.

All the girls stood in their winter outfits outside the dinning cabin watching as a bunch of droopy young men trotted to the cabin. "Ha, just like a bunch of slugs let out of a bag, they are. Thanks for nominating me, Krista!" Ymir thanked, messing with Krista's hair with a big smile. The sun shined bright, hopefully to make the day cool. After everyone ensconced, people started chattering, a lot of it being about which brigade choice it was going to be. It wasn't until evening that the celebration was going to be held. Though tomorrow night was when everyone was going to their chosen brigade. People could spend some time in town or visit with family until then, but only after the graduation ends. 

And also the much dreaded mission was tomorrow.  but Reiner gave Bertolt the confidence to push on. Reiner, Annie, and Bertolt were at the usual spot, all the way in the back. Today was when the top ten were to be announced.

(Annie's POV)

I sat in my seat, letting my mind wander as I eavesdropped other peoples' conversations. They were all stale and boring. Their humor was pathetic. I decided to ask the two silent-bobs at the other end of my table. "So...has anything new happened?" I asked, even though I didn't really care. Bertolt looked stressed and Reiner seemed fine.

"Nah, not much. What about you Bertolt?" Reiner engaged, but Bertolt still continued to stare off. I tried teasing him to get him started. Usually once you get a quiet person going, they'll keep going. "Jeez, Bertolt...how can you look like such a worry-wuss all the time? You're able to do it so well it fascinates me." Leaning my cheek on my hand, bored. "Oh, I guess I just kinda do it. I don't really know how." Bertolt soullessly replied. Me and Reiner tilted our heads, say what again?

Reiner tried asking, "Bertolt you seem really stressed?" But then he lowered his tone, "Is it about the mission?" Bertolt gulped, gaining a sweat drop. "Y-yeah..." Reiner scooted closer to Bertolt. "Don't worry too much about it Bertolt, remember what we're here for instead." Reiner coaxed, sneaking a little peck on Bertolt's cheek. I couldn't help but watch this, in fact, I kind of found it cute. I cracked a small smile briefly. I was surprised he did that in public and somehow didn't get found out. But facing the others with your back was a pro in this case then.

(Time-skip until the evening announcement...A few did some freeform training to the brush time off, some took a nap, and a lot just talked away the few hours.)

(3rd Person View) 

Everyone got together in the dinning cabin for the big announcement. The lights dimmed and lit only where the instructor was going to be. There were few murmurs and whispering as everyone waited. That all stopped as soon as footsteps made way to their ears. Keith Shadis stood in front of everyone, holding a little letter. All the cadets had their eyes glued and hopes high.

"Hands open to your hearts!" Keith roared, getting a "Yes Sir!" in response. "For you trainees graduating today, three paths now open before you today. You can be stationed at the walls and defend the cities as members of the Garrison! You can put your lives on the line to fight the titans in their own territory as members of the Recon. Corps! And you can serve the King by controlling the crowds and protecting order, as members of the of the Military Police Brigade. Though only the top ten graduates will be able to join the Military Police!"