Jack kelly's sister

Imagine: being Jack Kelly's sister and you got separated and after 5 years you are finally reunited

"Are you sure that you're going to be ok in Manhattan?" Your best friend and selling partner Smalls asks worriedly as he hugs you,
"I'll be fine Smalls, ya don't need ta worry about me." You say, thinking about your old home, you lived peacefully in Manhattan with your older brother Jack until that fateful day...
Flashback:
You were only ten, you were wondering the streets, looking for your brother. You had lost him in a large crowd, when suddenly someone lifts you up and throws you over their shoulder. You expected it to be Jack but instead of seeing his signature blue shirt you saw a grubby white shirt. You tried to scream for help but because of the way you were placed on his shoulder blade you couldn't make a sound at all. You were then thrown into a carriage which then took you to the Bronx. You crawled out of the cart and you tucked yourself into the alley to keep warm, as night falls you start to drift off but then suddenly a hand is thrusted in front of your face.
"Heya, I'm Smalls, you are?" You look up to see a boy, about twelve looking at you with a toothy grin, you wipe your eyes and smile back up at him.
"I'm y/n." You say, shaking his hand. Smalls took you to the Bronx Lodging House and he taught you how to be a newsie.
You arrive in Manhattan just as the sky turns dark, you decide you don't have time to find the Manhattan Lodging House, you just huddle in an alley like you did your first night in the Bronx before Smalls found you. As you drift off you start to think about Jack, would he still be here? Would he even recognise you? So many thoughts cloud your mind as you fall asleep. When you wake up you hear the calls of over excited teenage boys, you recognise them to all be newsies, evident from their hats and their clothing. You throw your hat on, not bothering to hide your hair. You're a girl, people need to get over it. You follow them to a large factory and join the line to buy some papers, you dig around in your pocket and pull out enough money for twenty papers. Once you reach the front of the line the boy handing out the papers eyes you up and down.
"So, you're the transfer... an' you're a goirl?" You scoff and throw your money on the table, he scowls and hands you your papers roughly. You take them and in an attempt to storm off you walk right into a tall boy.
"Hey! Watch where youse goin'" he says turning around angrily.
"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean ta walk into ya." You stutter, scared of this tall figure looming over you, he relaxes a bit once he hears you apologise.
"And I didn't mean ta scare ya." He says, he spits on his hand and holds it out to you.
"The names Jack, you are?" He says, you spit on your hand and shake his.
"Y/n." You say smiling, you see his eyes glimmer with... hope? For about a second before they darken and he turns around muttering something to himself, something along the lines of 'no it can't be her... she's dead.' You wonder who he's talking about but before you can enquire he turns around again.
"So, y/n you sold papes before?" He asks, you nod,
"Since I was ten." You say, proud of yourself and your paper selling skills.
"Well let's test you out then." He says, beckoning for you to follow him. You follow him to a street bustling with people.
"So do ya change up the headlines when you're hawkin'?" Jack asks as he reads the headline of the paper.
"If I wanna eat that night, then yeah, I change it." We start to sell our papers, starting to have a friendly competition between the two of you, the challenge was to see who could sell their papers first. You won after a long battle,
"It's because I'm younger and cuter Jackie boy." You say smugly, before following Jack back to the Lodging House after he sold his last paper. Jack shows you a spare bunk in the Lodging House and as night falls you settle in your bed and you slowly fall asleep before you jerk awake. What if that Jack you spent the day with was your brother Jack... no he would be gone to that town... what's it called... Santa Fe! He'd be there by now, Jack's a common name. He's just some random Jack you've met, not the person you'd hoped to meet. The next few days, you still have those thoughts haunting you until one day as you are selling, watching Jack sell across the road as you only got ten and sold them with ease, you see the familiar figure of Smalls running towards you.
"Smalls?" You call, he runs into your arms laughing, you two stand there hugging each other tightly and laughing.
"What brings you here Smalls?" You say once you pull apart.
"So after you left we all really missed you and we started talking about ya and I brought up Jack and we put two and two together and we realised that your brother is the leader of the Manhattan newsies!" He cries excitedly. You move away shaking your head.
"No, my Jack is in Santa Fe right now." You say, Jack jogs over you and asks what's going on.
"Jack Kelly, I'm assuming you know who y/n Kelly is?" Smalls says,
"Of course, she's ma sister... or was my sister." He mumbles sadly, his eyes starting to water.
"What do you mean was?" You ask curiously.
"When I was twelve, she musta been what? Ten? She was taken away from me, as much as I'd like to believe she's out there. I know she's dead deep down." You put your head down,
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW!" Smalls suddenly yells. Both of you look at him oddly,
"Right Jack you lost your sister when she was ten, y/n was ten when I met her, her first night in the Bronx. You also really want to go to Santa Fe. I know that for a fact." You and Jack turn to each other slowly, slowly piecing Smalls' evidence together.
"Y/n?" Jack says, his eyes watering once more.
"Jack?" You say, your own eyes quickly filling up with tears as well. You run into Jack's arms and bury your face in his chest, sobbing.
"I thought I'd lost ya." Jack croaks out, holding you even tighter.
"So did I. But I'm glad that I didn't. And I'm glad Smalls figured it out for us." You say pulling away to look at Smalls. He smiles at the two of you.
"I'm gonna get back to the Bronx, someone hasta take care of the boys there. Just don't forget to visit sometimes y/n." He says before hugging you one last time and you watch as he jogs off. You head back to the Lodging House and Jack shows you his 'penthouse'. You spend most of the night catching up and talking about being a newsie.
"I didn't think ma sister would be such a good newsie." Jack says, earning a friendly shove from you.
"Well five years experience does that to ya." You say,
"Well you've grown up a lot, and I couldn't be prouder to call ya my sister." You eventually grow tired and Jack wraps his arms around you to keep you warm and you slowly fall asleep, happy that you found the most important person in your life. Jack Kelly. Your brother.