Chapter Ten

###

I walked up the stairs to Sam's apartment and I could already smell the weed. I leaned against the door panel, wondering why I was still going through with this. I knocked on the door before putting my hands in my pockets. The door swung open. Kehlani was standing there with a bottle of Corona in her free hand.

"What do you want, Dominique? Matter of fact, Why are you here? How do you know I'm here?" She asked, showing obvious aggravation by my presence.

"Look, I had to show you something... Can you step out here for a minute so we can talk in private?" I said stepping back from the door. Kehlani walked out, rolling her eyes. She closed the door behind her and leaned against the door.

"What do you need to show me? Make it quick," She took a sip of her beer and rolled her eyes.

I took my jacket off and took the plastic off of my wrist revealing the blue tattoo. Her eyes widened. I didn't know if she was in shock or if she was wondering how she got involved with such a dumbass. "I'm trying to prove myself. If I have to be connected to you permanently then so be it."

She pulled my arm and rubbed the tattoo, I guess to see if it was fake or not, Immediately realizing that, sure enough, it was real. She stepped back and leaned against the door again.

"This doesn't change anything, Dom. You left me because you didn't trust me. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I WOULD SLEEP WITH SHAI? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

I walked over to her and pressed my lips to hers. To be honest, that was the only way I could make her stop bitching.After fighting back for a few minutes, she kissed me back. She gave into me, placing her arms on my shoulders.

I pulled back. "Are you done fighting now?" she sighed and looked down at her feet, playing with the Corona bottle.

"What about Gabby? I mean you obviously love her in a way that I can't make you love me. You trust her more than you trust me," Her raspy baby voice was barely audible.

"Yeah I love Gabby. That was my first love. I've waited on her to come back in my life for damn near five years. It feels good, but it's just not the same... but... I know I want you. Let me figure me and her out. I just want you," I looked away. I knew she was gonna reject me without a second thought.

"When, Dom?" Her voice was once again in a whisper.

"Huh? When What?" I was confused.

"When are you gonna let her go? I'll give us another chance when you let her go. I mean we did start off weird. We can start over," She said walking over to me running her fingers through my hair.

"Forreal? Nah, don't start giving me false hope and shit," I moved away from her trying to focus on processing her words.

"I'm not. I promise. Go home and get it together. I'll be here.If you're willing to make it work, I am," She kissed me and walked back in the apartment.My heart fluttered a little bit. I had her back. But then there was still a pit in my stomach because I knew I had to let Gabby go.

***

I made it back to the shop sat on the couch with my face in my hands. I was lost. I had just gotten Gabby back, but if I kept her I couldn't get Lani back.

"What's wrong, Dom? I know we're not cool right now, but I know when you're going through it. Let me know. By the way, I'm sorry. I was holding grudges and hurt you. I didn't mess with Janelle and I almost messed with Keh, but it never happened," Shaina said sitting next to me.

"Well, I have to choose between Gabby and Lani...So, if you don't mind I need to get my head straight," I said getting up and heading to my office.

"Lani is worth it... She really wants to be with you... Gabby loves you, but Lani won't leave you like she did," Shaina calling after me.

I knew she was right but I just didn't know if I had it in my heart to let Gabby go.

###