2. The Park

I ran until I got to the park. I knew Bonnie would show up to our secret spot in the morning to practice. I wanted to at least leave a note for him explaining everything, now that I didn't need to worry about him rejecting me to my face.

The night air was cool and I felt a chill crawl down my spine. I clutched onto my guitar case. Was I really starting to doubt myself this early into my escape?

I took in a deep breath.

"No Bon, you can't live like this any longer. You have to do this."

Marching, I made my way towards the hill by the shed...

...but before I got there, I heard it.

A guitar. A lone guitar. It was playing a song. A song that I recognized but couldn't quite name.

Curious, I tiptoed up to the hill, leaving my stuff near the bottom. I reached the top and by the shed Bonnie stood.

He was sitting against the shed, on a wooden crate. He didn't notice me.

"From That day on I decided that I would only love you..."

It was so faint I almost couldn't hear it over the guitar and a chorus of crickets in the bushes. But he was singing. I blushed. Now I knew where that song was from.

It was the song Joy and I sang, but he was singing it. Something in my gut told me to sing along too.

"It's like a scene from the TV, that moment that our lives were transformed, and it stayed in my mind, and it will never change..."

The guitar playing stopped. Bonnie looked up, panicked. When he saw it was just me, he seemed to calm down, but only a bit.

"Bon?" He asked. "What are you doing here?!"

Now it was my turn to look panicked. My eyes darted around for a moment before I wondered why he was out here too.

"Well, What are you doing here?"

He looked away.

"I asked you first." He finally responded.

I sighed. He got me. Now I had to confess.

"Well..." I started, but a slight breeze made me shiver mid-sentence.

"Well?" He asked.

I looked at the floor. Face burning red and eyes watering.

"I'm running away."

He stayed silent. I didn't dare look up. I was crying. I didn't want Bonnie to see me cry.

I sniffled, and looked up a little. Bonnie was standing there, in the same spot. Trying to hold back tears but not being able to do it.

"Bon..." he began, but didn't finish.

Something in my chest hurt. I was sure it was my heart.

"Bonnie are you- are you okay?" I asked after a moment of silence.

He couldn't hold it back anymore, he let out a sob and ran towards me, arms outstretched. He hugged me. My heart jumped.

"Bonnie wha-"

"Please don't leave Bon!" He cried into my chest. "Please don't. Please I don't know what I'd do without you."

I was shocked. Was this real?

"Bonnie what are you talking about?"

He looked up at me, and although his glasses were a bit foggy I could still see a glimmer from his red eyes.

"Don't go." He said, "please don't go. You're my reason for everything! I-I"

I knew what he was going to say next before he even said it. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. He jumped a little, but after a moment he returned my affections.

We kept kissing until we needed air, but even then we just took in a breath and kissed again. His tears were mixing with mine as our lips collided with one another's.

After who knows how long, we parted. The air around my face felt ice cold, and I found myself wanting to kiss Bonnie again, but I had to resist.

There was some explaining we both needed to do.